Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 25th, 2001, 04:43 PM
Suzan

Default beverages

Can someone explain the beverage situation on the Celebrity,,cruises,,,are beverages free,,other than liquer, wine? I heard they charge a ridiclious price for cokes,,..and coffee,,is this true? Also,,are you allowed to bring ANY alcohol onboard? Thanks@
Sponsored Links
Old August 25th, 2001, 06:35 PM
Rob H

Default Re: beverages

In the dining room or Horizon buffet , if its on menu ,tap or brewed, its free.
If you take a coke out of the cabin fridge its $1.95 plus 15%
I've not heard of regular coffee being charged though if you order in the Cova an expresso, hot chocolate, herbal tea you are charged.

The policy is stated, no liquour to be brought on board. If they check, I cannot vouch for though you can buy duty free on board but if you can consume I'm not sure.
Old August 25th, 2001, 07:02 PM
Alex R.

My experience on Millenium is as follows: Coffee, tea and juice is free in the Ocean Cafe at all times. Soft drinks cost about $2.25 for a can, and less for a glass. Kids can buy a card entitling them to unlimited soft drinks for the duration, about $5.00 a day. But only for the whole cruise, not day by day. Beer and wine, and mixed drinks cost varying amounts, $3-$5, more if in the souvenier glass. At meals, milk and lemonade is free, soft drinks and liquor cost as above. Bottled water also costs. Never tried bringing liquor onboard, but I'm sure that they wouldn't give you a second look, unless you were completely blatant about it.
Old August 26th, 2001, 12:14 AM
Cruise Maniac

Please, oh please, charge me an extra $20 on the cruise fare and then do not bother me with the annoying charges of $2.00 plus for cokes. How can they serve me lobster tails until I'm stuffed, and then nickel and dime me for cokes?
Old August 26th, 2001, 01:26 AM
Rob H

Agree,, and I've sent a note to Celebrity indicating could they re-consider these annoying charges in future policy changes.
Over all, I did truly enjoy their ship and service.

Yes, they have this signup program for all you can drink for the kids and remember hearing one grandfather telling his pack that he was not about to pay $100 for them to enjoy that privilage.
Not sure , if he sent them to the buffet and told them to drink juices.
Old September 2nd, 2001, 09:51 AM
Cruise Maniac

This is an extremely annoying practice. A can of soda sets you back 2.47. The cappacino is reasonable at $2.59 and the Cova was my favorite place for coffee. Each drink includes tax and tip. It is ludicrous that you aren't offered a soda no charge at dinner. Bottled water is available for purchase -- it became a necessity for me after the second day of ship water -- and since on our last day at sea we were subjected to salt water I suggest you stock up in Hamilton with your own water (we were told its been happening lately).

The unfortunate thing about the kids soda program is that they have to go to the bar -- so you may be sitting there having adult conversations or smoking and, low and behold, some 7 year old is within earshot (kids have to be present with their card to get the soda).

Bar drinks are reasonable -- check out the drink the of the day -- they are under $5.00 and if you order the bon voyage keep your glass as the price is included in the drink (7.75 plust tax and gratuity).

Hope you get this before you sail!
Old September 3rd, 2001, 07:32 PM
htrotto

Drink iced-tea, enjoy drink of the day for alcohol & bring your own bottled water in the carry-on which leaves room for more treasures on the way home! You can splurge for a nice brandy , etc. One annoying thing is that you pay the same 15% out at the pool regardless if you have the waiter serve it or if you go to the bar yourself...seems rather arbitrary. But in the scheme of things--it is a vacation! Sure wish they had an ice cream parlor--either free or not for a late night dessert for those who would rather put calories into that than alcohol!