Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 29th, 2001, 06:17 PM
Passenger

Default Midnight Buffets on Infinity

I understand that there are no longer midnight buffets on Celebrity. Is there still a special night that has all the really fancy carvings, pastries, etc. What else is served laate besides the Lite Bites? We are eating early so we could enjoy the midnight things and now I wonder if that is a mistake.
Sponsored Links
Old August 29th, 2001, 07:42 PM
Suzan

Default Re: Midnight Buffets on Infinity

Kay,,I heard there is a MIDNGHT buffet,at about 11:00pm...,,there cruise brochure shows there is a midnight buffet,,at 12:00am..page 79 under buffets & snacks..Let me know what you find out,,and where did you hear that? Suzan
Old August 29th, 2001, 07:49 PM
sailinglisa

OK - when I was on the Millie, I think there were two or three buffets; on the other nights they had "gourmet bites" served in all the lounges served by circulating waiters. I never went to one of the buffets...I was usually pooped out by that time of day!! But, a friend of mine did and said they were ok.
Old August 30th, 2001, 01:13 AM
bobbysock

I was on the Millie in January and if I remember correctly we had:

Tex Mex Buffet
Italian Buffet
Grand Buffet (Captains Dinner)
Fruits? Buffet
the other evenings were gourmet bites -- which was like eating leftovers from dinner but they were OK. But you could Pizza every evening bet 10pm and 1am.
Old August 30th, 2001, 01:31 AM
Cruise Maniac

Just returned in the Infinity last Friday, there were midnight buffets either 4 or 5 nights, with the last one the next to last night which was the traditional "Grand Buffet". Only disappointment was (as I had expected) because it was the Alaskan cruise it was too cold to ge held out by the pool so all but the grand buffet were in the oceanview grill (without the traditional band and dancing out by the pool in warmer weather cruises). they began at 11:30 PM and supposedly ent to 12:30 AM but I think because they weren't as "festive" wihout the music and "partying" by the pool not as many showed up and they seemed to end a little earlier. Maybe it was also because it seemed a lille older crowd then on the warmer climate cruises. The "Grand Buffet" was nice in the main dining room as usual, but also not as many and in my opinion not as "Grand" as they use to be especially on Celebrity's old "Merridan" my first Celebrity cruise and maybe it just seemed grander because I was so impressed!
Old August 30th, 2001, 09:34 AM
Admiral

Celebrity and RCI have reduced the number of Midnight buffets, but depending on itinerary does still hold the gala Midnight Buffet which may open earlier for picture taking opportunities, then you usually have a Tex-Mex night including Country Dancing, a Tropical Night featuring the Caribbean tunes, fruits, pasteries, frozen concoctions, etc. and possibly Italian Night. Tex-Mex and Tropical are usually held on the Pool deck weather permitting, but are subject to change. Princess does not even have a gala Midnight Buffet anymore due to 24 hr. dining options.
Bon Voyage
Old September 2nd, 2001, 06:27 AM
Passenger

We are a party of four and are cruising on the Millie shortly. Could anyone
offer some suggestions as to the food and activities and staff? Are the
staterooms -- without veranda --- comfortable enough for two people?