Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 30th, 2001, 10:26 AM
Passenger

Default Cabin Differences???

I'm confused. On the Celebrity website, the pricing for a Cat 1C stateroom on the Penthouse Deck is significantly more expensive than a 1B stateroom on the Panorama Deck. Does anyone know why? Are the 1C staterooms larger? I always thought the higher you go on a ship, excluding suites, the more pricey the staterooms become.

We're booked in a 1B on the Summit, #8131 Panorama Deck. I could have had a 1A on the Sky Deck, but opted for the next lower deck because of possible noise coming down from the Resort Deck. The Celebrity brochure shows different prices than their website for these staterooms, which is even more confusing!!! Can anyone help??? Thanks!

CindyW
Sponsored Links
Old August 30th, 2001, 09:25 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Cabin Differences???

Well... the location of a particular deck on a ship has little to do with the price and value of a stateroom when you are in the top categories. It sounds to me like you ought to seek some advice from your t/a who should be able to exactly explain the subtle differences from cabin to cabin and category to category. It is really NO mystery at all!
Old September 3rd, 2001, 07:24 PM
htrotto

Default Re: Cabin Differences???

Ernie... Our curiousity is sufficiently piqued--what is the secret to the NO mystery at all? Is there a premium on midship cabins, closer to the elev., etc. or is it supply & demand. Hope about a tip list for loyal followers of this board? Would be appreciated by many!