Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 10th, 2001, 11:23 AM
Admiral

Default Zenith Bermuda - Awesome

Review of Celebrity M/V Zenith
9/1 – 9/1/01 Bermuda

This ship is 10 years old and in pristine condition.

The on board personnel are among the best at sea, always willing to please with a smile.

Ship Highlights: The Martini Bar was a nightly stop for us, sampling various types Martini’s was fun. Michaels Club, their cigar bar, was also wonderful. It offered great cocktails in an elegant atmosphere which was quite nice. They had a great ventilation system there and the smoke never bothered me. The Cova Café served espresso and cappuccino as well as various teas and delicious chocolates. The Fleet Bar was a wonderful meeting place, its blue and white nautical décor was nicely done. The various shops offered the standard Celebrity apparel and the designer shop showcased lovely jewels, clothing, and perfumes. The Dining Room was elegant, the food great. The Matre D and wait staff could not do enough to please. High tea was offered one day in the main dining room and is not to be missed, the waiters with their white glove service added to this special trip. The Windsurf Café offered nice lunches as well as daily pizza at 3 pm and tea at 4 pm. The Pool Bar was jumping particularly on sea days. I had a massage one day in the Spa, which is quite small. That massage was among the best I had at sea.

We played golf twice while on Bermuda, had the Zenith pro set it up for us. It cost a bit more, but we felt it was worth it. We carried on our clubs, he arranged for transportation to and from the course as well as played a few holes with us offering his golf suggestions.

Down town Hamilton is, as usual, beautiful. Loved St. Georges, it is so very quaint. We did not do any of the Celebrity shore excursions as we did not plan our days except for the golf.

We are Captains Club members, and in our opinion, it’s the best $35 we have spent. We walked to the front of a 300 person line for advance check in and were the first group off the ship. There were also various cocktail parties for club members.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions on the Zenith.

Sue
speavey@rational.com
Sponsored Links
Old September 10th, 2001, 02:43 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Zenith Bermuda - Awesome

Did this cruise Memorial Day weekend. It was a blast . Service food etc were just what we expected from Celebrity and Bermuda is the best especially on your own.
How would you like to be on that cruise this week ?
I bet it was a bumpy ride.
I saw this morning on the Bermuda web cam that Horizon is sitting outside the harbor at St. Georges. I guess they can't get in.
Admiral

Did this cruise Memorial Day weekend. It was a blast . Service food etc were just what we expected from Celebrity and Bermuda is the best especially on your own.
How would you like to be on that cruise this week ?
I bet it was a bumpy ride.
I saw this morning on the Bermuda web cam that Horizon is sitting outside the harbor at St. Georges. I guess they can't get in.
marykay

We are waiting anxiously for our turn on the Zenith--October 6 we leave. My TA just returned from the same cruise as you and said she had a wonderful time. We have cruised the Horizon 4 times to Bermuda and loved every minute of it. We also did a 9-nite repo cruise on the Horizon in April from San Juan to NY and boy what a grand time we had--7 nights just won't be enough. I agree, although these two ships are around 10 years old Celebrity does a great job keeping them beautiful. I checked out the WEBCAM on Front Street and both ships "just " arrived in Bermuda. I guess the weather (Hurricane Erin/Eric) was a factor. Its a shame because they lost most of the day.
Old September 10th, 2001, 03:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Bill
Can you email me the address for the St George webcam?
thanks
Toni
Old September 11th, 2001, 07:46 AM
Mary Jean

Bill,
I would also like the site for the web cam in Bermuda. Would you mind sending it to me also or posting it here?

Thank you very much.
Mary Jean
Old September 12th, 2001, 05:33 PM
Admiral

Site is bermudatourism.com

Then go to site map. The web cam is the last item.

Its fun to pan it around and zoom in and out.

Enjoy.

Must get in a plug here for my favorite tour in Bermuda.
Jessie James Cruises in Hamilton does a 3 stop snorkel
trip that is the best snorkel trip I have ever done.