Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 13th, 2001, 01:23 PM
bill conley

Default no flights..won't make sailing..refunds

I, like my fellow Americans am shocked and saddened by the recent, terrible assault on our country. I find it shocking, too, that the cruise lines are not responding with any more concern for how these events effect its cruise passengers. We are scheduled to depart on a cruise from Barcelona on the 16th and now have no way to get to that port. As many passengers will experience, our flight out was canceled with no available flights until late next week...

Like most people, I have a limited time for vacation and cannot simply reschedule for an upcoming cruise. With my vacation funds now tied up, I am unable to make alternate plans during my long awaited vacation peroid. Celebrity, to this point, has been completely unsympathetic....The airline representative that I spoke with was completely shocked that refunds were not being offered under the circumstances.

Just wondering what others experiences might be with regard to the same issue. My hope is that with enough pressure, from enough people, Celebrity and other cruise lines will be forced to respond appropriately.

Bill
Sponsored Links
Old September 13th, 2001, 02:48 PM
Ela

Default Re: no flights..won't make sailing..refunds

I spoke to Celebrity and they said that if your airport is closed 24 prior to your scheduled departure they will reschedule you. I am not sure if it applies to cancelled flights, but I would imagine.
Old September 13th, 2001, 04:15 PM
Admiral

Bill, please log onto cruisecritic.com, cruise news daily or the cruise line's site for more up to the moment news. Yes you should be very disappointed, but this is unusual. Please try to be understanding. Do you really want to be in Europe right now? At least you are able to replan your vacation someday.
Please Pray for world peace.
Old September 13th, 2001, 06:48 PM
chellie

Although several ships are scheduled to arrive and depart during the next few days at the port of New York, it is closed until further notice. NCL and Carnival are all scheduled to disembark and embark passengers this weekend, and CruiseMates is awaiting word from these cruise lines on any contingent plans they have for alternate arrangements if the port is not reopened by this weekend.

Celebrity Cruises will temporarily use the Port of Philadelphia for its ship Horizon to arrive in and depart from for its Bermuda sailing this weekend. The Celebrity ship Zenith will arrive from and sail to Bermuda from either Philadelphia or Baltimore, pending berthing availability. Horizon will arrive in the Port of Philadelphia on Saturday, September 15, at approximately 7 a.m. Celebrity will have special staff at the port to assist guests with both ground and air transportation issues.

Zenith will arrive in either the Port of Philadelphia or the Port of Baltimore on Saturday, September 15, at approximately 7 a.m. The final confirmation of its berthing location will be made Thursday, September 13. In either location, Celebrity will have special staff at the port to assist guests with both ground and air transportation issues.

The Royal Caribbean ship Nordic Empress will arrive in the port of Philadelphia on Sunday, September 16, at approximately 7 a.m. Royal Caribbean will have special staff at the port to assist guests with both ground and air transportation issues.

For all other Royal Caribbean and Celebrity cruise itineraries: due to the possibility that some airports may not open in a timely manner, guests scheduled to sail on or before September 17, 2001, will receive special consideration. Should their departure airport remain closed within 24 hours of their ship's departure, those guests will receive a future cruise certificate for an equivalent cruise any time through December 15, 2002, excluding holidays and sailings in June, July and August 2002.

Passengers affected should stay in close contact with their travel agents and cruise line websites to monitor the ongoing changes.

09-12-01
HAL Cancels Westerdam Alaska
Holland America Line has cancelled the Sept. 13 sailing of the ms Westerdam from Vancouver. This is the only Holland America cruise affected at this time.

The ship -- with 1,477 guests on board -- currently is enroute southbound from Ketchikan and scheduled to arrive on time in Vancouver, where it will remain in port instead of sailing on its next seven-day Alaska Inside Passage cruise Thursday evening.

The guests on board the Westerdam are being advised that all who have air connections may stay on board at no charge until alternate travel arrangements can be made. Guests who remain on board will be responsible for their individual expenses, including telephone, beverages, shop purchases, etc. The company is sending a Passenger Programs team to Vancouver to assist guests with travel plans.

In addition, Holland America Line is working with Canadian officials to keep the ship in port for several days and to provide guests with the most comfortable experience possible.

09-12-01
Old September 13th, 2001, 06:50 PM
chellie

Royal Caribbean International and Celebrity Cruises Provide Special Cancellation Policy

MIAMI - September 13, 2001 / 5:15 p.m. EST - Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. today announced that due to the interruption of the air transportation system, both Royal Caribbean International and Celebrity Cruises will allow guests booked on cruises that depart on or before September 16 to postpone their cruise. Those guests who are unable to meet their cruise due to flight interruptions will receive a credit of up to the amount they paid toward a future cruise.

Guests being impacted by the interruption of air service should contact their travel agent or either Royal Caribbean International at 1-800-327-6700 or Celebrity Cruises at 1-800-437-3111 prior to the departure time of their cruise. The rescheduled cruise must be taken prior to December 15, 2002. Guest booked on cruises after September 16, will be subject to normal cancellation policies.

The company’s reservations personnel are currently available on a 24-hour basis. Guest calling from the United Kingdom or Ireland should dial +44 (0) 1932-834440. Guest calling from France should dial 0800 204060. Guest calling from Scandinavia should dial +47 22 51-3780. All other international guests should contact their local cruise representatives.

The company has established a help desk to assist family members wanting to check the status of loved ones onboard ships. Family members may call 1-888-829-4050. Shipboard guests with relatives who may have been impacted by this week’s attacks are being provided free phone lines to check on their well being.

Itinerary changes will be made public as soon as possible, as well as posted on the Royal Caribbean International and Celebrity Cruises websites.

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is a global cruise vacation company that operates Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, and Royal Celebrity Tours. Royal Caribbean International and Celebrity Cruises have a combined total of 22 ships in service and seven under construction or on firm order. Royal Celebrity Tours operates land-tour vacations in Alaska utilizing the world’s largest glass-domed railcars.