Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 18th, 2001, 03:33 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default larger rooms on the back of the ship?

I am cruiseing the Summit in May for an Alaskin cruise and I have the celebrity brochure infront of me and it looks like the rooms on the very end of the ship have larger balaconys. My questions are is it true that the balconys are bigger, how much bigger, and are the rooms bigger also. is there any noise problems with being on the back of the ship also.

Thank you

Lisa
Sponsored Links
Old September 18th, 2001, 08:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: larger rooms on the back of the ship?

The balconies are a LOT bigger, ours was a Cat 1A off the aft of the Infinity and it was several times larger than the 1A's elsewhere on the ship. As far as I saw, the cabin itself is not much, if any, bigger. We had no problem with noise. Grab a cabin off the rear of the ship if you get a chance. We're doing the Summit next April and booked VERY early just to get an aft cabin.
Old September 18th, 2001, 09:41 PM
Mike C.

I just came back from the Millennium 9/4 sailing. I got suite 6100 but was very interested in the cat 3 cabin and could not get it. From the deck off the oasis cafe you get a good look into the balconies of these cabins despite a tarp to protect them. The ones on the side of the ship get a large balcony but the railing is solid steel so I'm guessing a view from a sitting position is limited. If you are just interested in a big balcony I would suggest the four 1C cabins next to the royal suites.
Old September 18th, 2001, 09:43 PM
Admiral

I had cabin #8176 on the Millennium. Though I was not impressed with Celebrity as a cruiseline - our balcony was awesome. It was 10' x 20' with half being covered by above balcony. If you can get a CAT 3 - go for it - those are even larger.
Old September 19th, 2001, 04:27 PM
sailinglisa

I was in 7203 on the Millie (aft Cat1C). Our balcony was 240 sq. feet and 2/3rds was covered and 1/3 open to the sun. The cabins themselves are the same size as the other 1C's. If you have a chance for an aft cabin, go for it. You will not be disappointed. There was no extra noise or movement that we felt back there. I just love standing at the rail watching the wake.
Old September 19th, 2001, 09:46 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Thank you for all of the info> I changed my room to 1B on the aft of the ship.