Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 19th, 2001, 07:21 PM
Mike C

Default Internet Access not so suite

I had a sky suite on Millennium which the brochure stated internet access was in the cabin. Not so. I asked if a laptop could be brought in to the cabin as the online lounge was packed due to the WTC crisis. Guest relations was rude in denying my request. Furthermore I asked about the $100 unlimited access fee another post said was available, they gave me the I don't think so look and asked for the next person in line. My wife works for Morgan Stanley and was trying to get updates on the employees and internal systems.

So the moral of the this is don't believe anything until you get on the ship or you will be disappointed.
Sponsored Links
Old September 20th, 2001, 06:01 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Internet Access not so suite

Still complaining huh? How do you have the nerve to whine about not having a laptop in your suite. Your poor wife, here she is, knowing that colleagues were in danger and all you can do is complain. Maybe the guest relations staff was rude because of the schmuck they were dealing with! Glad I'm not married to such a self-centered, arrogant prick like you!
Old September 20th, 2001, 06:29 PM
Mike C

Excuse me but when has it ever been acceptable to use such language on this message board. The point of this was we did not get something that was advertised in the brochure. I think that is a relavant gripe. With the tragedy my wife was frantic trying to get information about the 3500 employees of her firm in those towers. If I am concerned about my wife's mental well being to complain about a service that should have been provided then fine call me names. I am not being a snob, there were too few computers for everyone on board who needed access. I thought somebody might be interested in knowing that.
Old September 21st, 2001, 12:30 AM
marjmy

Mike, I understood if you brought your own lap- top you would be able to purchase the unlimited internet access, I agree there probably were not enough P C's this time due to the circumstances of the events that happened, I do not think that under normal circumstances that there would have been a shortage of PC's.
I also read that passengers were able to phone from the ship with no charge.
Marjmy
Old September 21st, 2001, 12:39 PM
Mike C

You might want to verify the unlimited access thing because Guest Relations did not know what I was talking about.