Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 19th, 2001, 06:35 PM
Mike C

Default Verandas on display

Unless you like being on display to the rest of your shipmates I suggest that everyone avoid the cabins next to the glass elevators on Millie class vessels. The cabins next to the celebrity suites also have this problem but at least the people in those suites don't look out their window.
Sponsored Links
Old September 20th, 2001, 07:10 PM
rvguys

Default Re: Verandas on display

We also had a Sky Suite on the Millennium cabin 6120. I felt that the navel architect did no do his homework. I felt also that the veranda was to exposited to be call a Sky Suite. They could have made them deeper.
Old September 20th, 2001, 09:52 PM
sailinglisa

Mike - I can say with some authority on this subject - I had a cat 1C 7203 (aft) on the Millie - 2/3rds of my balcony was covered, only the last third was "exposed" as you like to say. I would not change that balcony for any other - we had a blast on our balcony and we did not have ONE single complaint about it.
Old September 21st, 2001, 11:37 AM
Mike C

Lisa, this post was commenting on the midship cabins next to the glass elevators and Celebrity Suites, not the aft cabins. I found myself looking down the side of the ship and into verandas each time I boarded the outside glass elevators. I never saw anyone on those verandas probably due to the lack of privacy.
Old September 22nd, 2001, 07:22 PM
Passenger

Mike, can you explain a little bit more about this? I am booked for room 9123 on an upcoming cruise (which is the 2nd midship Sky Suite away from the elevator). Is my view and/or privacy going to be disturbed by the elevator?

Robb
Old September 23rd, 2001, 11:41 AM
Mike C

Robb you will not have as much as a problem as 9121 because there is a frosted glass partition between the two cabins. But there still is a view from the elevators to the verandas in the first four or five cabins next to the elevators. Due to these elevators being glass facing out the tendancy is to look out at the verandas and the water.