Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 23rd, 2001, 02:14 PM
First Mate

Default Need advice

We're planning our 2nd cruise - first was The Voyager. We had adjoining atrium rooms with our two teenagers. We loved being able to include them when we were in our rooms - also loved shutting them out when we were in our rooms. My question is this: My husband wants to get a Balcony room for us, and put the kids accross the hall. We don't want the expense of two balcony rooms. The other choice is adjoining ocean view rooms on the contininental deck. (Low and as AFT as you can get. I'm struggling with this. Anyone in the same situation?
Sponsored Links
Old September 23rd, 2001, 02:21 PM
SuzieQ

Default Re: Need advice

Kathy,

How old are the kids?

If they are teens I'd say book them across the hall if you want to save money...if they are young, you may want the convenience of having them next door...but then I'd worry about them getting on the balcony unsupervised...I'm a worry wort!
Old September 23rd, 2001, 02:30 PM
sailinglisa

Put them across the hall from you - they can use your balcony if they want to.
Old September 23rd, 2001, 04:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Kathy,
I also agree with the other posts, if they are old enough and responsible, right across the hall is a nice idea and yea, they can also use the balcony when ever, so it should be the best thing to do. I'm sure you will love having the balcony, enjoy it!

Donna
Tuesday Chat HOst
Old September 23rd, 2001, 07:16 PM
Dina

Put them in camp at home while you and hubby cruise
Old September 23rd, 2001, 08:45 PM
Jessey

We were on the Grand Princess a year and a half ago with our two boys who were 13 and 10 at the time. We put them across the hall in an inside cabin while we had an outside cabin and it worked out fine. I made sure they knew how to use the phone to call our cabin and always checked in with them when we left the cabin or when they were on their way to program. I did spend one night in the cabin with the 10 year old as he was sick with the flu. The boys were close enough to zip across the hall in their pjs for room service breakfast with us.

Our experience is that Princess and Celebrity both have a dim view of children being booked into a cabin without an adult. We had to book one child/one adult combinations and then get additional keys to each other's cabins. Celebrity was accommodating, Princess was not.
J