Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 8th, 2001, 12:33 PM
Wilkins

Default Ft. Lauderdale Debarkation?

We are sailing Celebrity soon. Would appreciate info from from anyone who has recently gone through debarkation in Ft. Lauderdale.

Have the airlines resumed accepting luggage at the pier?
If not, have they resumed curb-side luggage check-in at the airport? (We will transfer pier/airport via taxi.)
If not, what's the procedure at the airport?
What time did you get off the ship? (Worried about making a 1:00 flight home.)

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old October 8th, 2001, 01:59 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Ft. Lauderdale Debarkation?

I also would like to know this infor. Airlines moved our flight home to 12:10, will we make it? We get back to port on a Friday, is that quicker to disembark than a Sat or Sun?
Old October 8th, 2001, 05:59 PM
Murphy

We disembarked the Century this last Saturday, Oct 6. There was no pre-checking of luggage or curb checkin, but the CD said some airports were starting this procedure and that maybe by next week they would resume. However, I guess security has been heightened again, so I would n't count on it being any different. As Captain Club members, we were the second group off the ship and had claimed our luggage by 9:00 or so. We didn't stick around, so I don't know how long it took to get everyone else off. We did the Western itinerary, which meant we actually had to do the immigration thing in Key West the day before disembarkation in Ft. Lauderdale, which I think sped things up on Saturday.
Old October 8th, 2001, 10:12 PM
Marsha Ann

For both Wilkins & rucruisn2: Don't worry! We also just returned on the Century this past Saturday (10/6). You will be given colored tags to be put on luggage the night before. First you fill out a debarkation form, listing your flight time. You will be given colored tags accordingly. Since we originally had a 4:00 p.m. flight, we were given white tags. After breakfast, we went to one of the public areas, where groups were disembarked according to the colored tags, with earlier flights being called first. However, the whole procedure didn't take more than an hour to an hour and a half.

As of last Saturday, there was no curbside service. There were long lines at the ticket section, but they were moving, and if your flight was coming up, they would call you.

The same thing happened at the airport in Philadelphia, the preceding Friday. The line to go through Security was tremendous, but they would call out flights, and move you through.
Old October 9th, 2001, 08:44 AM
Passenger

Thanks for the info. I feel more comfortable now. We didn't want to change the flight as its a non-stop.