Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 12th, 2001, 01:16 AM
Gidget1

Default To Bring Camcorder or Not.. That is the question

Hi... I have been contemplating on renting a camcorder and bringing it with me to video tape our vacation. Different aspects of it.. for family and friends. I don't know if it's a good idea.. as I don't want to feel like I'm 'intruding' on someone elses' holiday, in light of everything that has happened recently. Is it a good idea? Is it better to get the ship's copy? Do they show the types of cabin in their videos and highlights of the week.. or in general? I'd really like someone's input. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old October 12th, 2001, 06:57 AM
Mary Jean

Default Re: To Bring Camcorder or Not.. That is the questi

Bring the camcorder. It is a lot of fun to have a movie of your trip afterwards. Loads of people have them these days and you will see them in use everywhere. There are times when you will want to just leave it back in the room, but the videos show so much more than you can capture in a still pic.
Old October 12th, 2001, 02:49 PM
Jessey

We have video-taped a "ships tour" on each of our crusies showing our cabin(s), dining room, and special places on the ship that we want our family and friends to share with us. We have caught shots of the pilot boarding, have shots of the lunch or dinner menus that are posted each day with comments on what we chose have video of friends in the hot tub. These are things that we, personally, found interesting and would never be captured on a commercial video. Several years later, this are the pictures that we still find the most interesting. I vote for bringing a camcorder.
Old October 12th, 2001, 03:59 PM
LovetheSea

Absolutely! We have video tape of all our cruises , except the first one. We wish we had one of that as well. It is so much fun to bring out the tape and watch it when it's cold and there is snow on the ground. You just can't get the whole big ship and ocean with snapshots.The sounds of the band playing and the ocean pounding against the side of the ship etc...
Have a great time
Old October 12th, 2001, 09:14 PM
Lillian

Hi:
If you want to see all the cabins and some public rooms of your favorite ship, you can go to travelco.com

Bring your camera to your cruise. The video that the ship sells of the cruise, tapes a lot of things that maybe you are not interested.

Have a nice trip.
Old October 17th, 2001, 10:28 AM
jp garnier

I am fortunate to have a very small digital camcorder that takes both pictures and videos. It literally fits into a pocket and it videos can be transferred onto regular VHS tapes. I have wonderful mementos of many cruises and never observed any one objecting to what has become very widespread use of the cameras. In fact I have heard a wild and crazy rumor that the cruise lines are considering having a video camera around the neck an embarcation pre requisite. Just fooling !!! Seriously, they are great gadgets. Enjoy, JP
Old October 24th, 2001, 08:38 PM
Susan C.

Hi, Gidget

We usually bring our camcorder on vacation butthis trip I decided
not to because I am always the one videoing and, except for showing to family, we never watch them again. We always pack so
much stuff anyway and it's just something else to carry.

If you bring a camcorder be sure to pack a tripod too for video of the two of you together. And I would recommend bringing a power bar (multi-outlet extension cord): I don't know about Millie but Century only had 2 outlets in the cabin and having one with us was a lifesaver for plugging in battery charger (I brought my camcorder that trip), curling iron, hot rollers, shaver, etc.

See you on board!

Susan