Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 12th, 2001, 01:22 AM
Gidget1

Default Help! Any Hotels in Ft. Lauderdale that Offer Shut

Help! We are flying in a day early before we board the Millennium on Oct 28th.. and need a good hotel to stay at.. that offers a shuttle from Miami airport to a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale. (We couldn't get a flight into Ft. Lauderdale proper). Does anyone know of a hotel that offers a shuttle from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale? I called Super Shuttle at Miami Airport.. they said it would cost us around $60 USD. Anyone have any suggestions? Would like one close to the pier too, if at all possible.. and maybe one that offers a continental breakfest. Any help would really be appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Old October 12th, 2001, 10:48 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Help! Any Hotels in Ft. Lauderdale that Offer

I have heard of people just renting a one-way car for the day from Miami to FT. Lauderdale. It works out to a good rate if you have a larger party.
Old October 13th, 2001, 05:14 PM
Carole Dunham

Renting a car and driving up is the only way to get there reasonably. There is no shuttle service AT ALL between Ft. Lauderdale and Miami, which I think is a disgrace. I live in Miami and haven't a clue why they do this. However, when you turn your car in at Ft. Lauderdale airport, they will shuttle you to the pier since the airport and port are very close to each other. You can see the tops of the stacks on the ships from the airport.

Carole
Old October 13th, 2001, 05:49 PM
First Mate

Carole, When you say there is no shuttle from Miami to Fll do you mean to the pier? I hope so since I am planning on using one from MIA to FLL airports. If I am going to be in for a rude awakening will you please let me know. Hope I have the correct info.
Old October 13th, 2001, 08:22 PM
hockeymom

We were flown into Miami this past August instead of Fort Lauderdale. The shuttle was $55 for two of us. This was MUCH cheaper than a taxi.
Old October 15th, 2001, 02:36 PM
Passenger

WE ARE STAYING AT THE BEST INN&SUITES 3711 N. OCEAN BLVD.
FT.LAUDERDALE 1-800-644-6691. THEY WERE THE ONLY HOTEL WE COULD FIND FOR THAT WEEKEND. THE BOAT SHOW IS THAT WEEKEND. THEY HAVE A SHUTTLE FROM THE AIRPORT TO THE HOTEL AND FROM THE HOTEL TO THE PORT. THE CHARGE IS $5.00 PER PERSON. I HOPE THIS HELPS.
Old October 16th, 2001, 03:32 PM
hctjdc

Super shuttle may not always be that reliable--drivers are very independent minded. We paid for a trip from the pier back to the hotel with the company rep., were given a boarding ticket etc. The driver refulsed to take us saying he only made trips to the airport. We had to hike a ways, get at the end of a long line & then grab a cab. When we got home & complained they were very apologetic & claimed the driver was fired but I still lost confidence.
Old October 24th, 2001, 08:28 PM
Susan Callozzo

Hi, Gidget

We are also flying into Miami on 10/27 and renting a car to drive
to Ft. Lauderdale (Enterprise, $40.35 for mid-size) where we will drop it off at Ft. Lauderdale airport (no extra charge) and then
Enterprise has a free shuttle that will take us to Port Everglades. We have a hotel room at Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek (N. Ft. Lauderdale, (954) 772-5400) for $55 (our TA bid it on Priceline) for Sat. night. WARNING: there is some kind of boating meet in Ft. Lauderdale this weekend and hotel rooms are expensive and scarce - I called one Sheraton on my own (where we already have a res. for 11/4) and was quoted $185/night (we paid $50 on Priceline for 11/4); another Sheraton was $135/night. Good luck!