Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 18th, 2001, 03:01 PM
Passenger

Default How early can flight be out of San Juan?

Celebrity is still saying that flights should be after 10:00 am out of San Juan post cruise. Seems awfully early to me. What has everyone's experience been lately? Referring to Infinity in February. I can usr FF miles at 10:30 but am really apprehensive about making the flight.
Sponsored Links
Old October 18th, 2001, 04:59 PM
Admiral

Default Re: How early can flight be out of San Juan?

A Friend has the return flight from the Infinity that Celebrity booked at 3 p.m. The only earlier flight for the same itinerary was 9:35 a.m. Are you a Captain's Club member? That membership will at least get you early disembarkation and since you will just get a taxi anyway, this will save you some waiting around time. Airport travel time is about 25 minutes from Pier 4.
Bon Voyage
Old October 18th, 2001, 10:09 PM
Admiral

You can get an early embarkation whether you are Captain's Club or not. Just go to the Information Desk... midway through the cruise, WITH your air tickets. They will give you an early disembarkation # which will be reflected on the tags delivered to your room during the last full day on the cruise. If the ship is on time, you should have no problem making your flight... not a lot of time to spare, but not unusual, either.
Ernie
Old October 22nd, 2001, 12:16 AM
Babette

Kay:

On a couple of the last couple of cruises out of San Juan (prior to 9/11) we were delayed in debarking because non-US citizens would not show up for Immigration.

I made my 11 am flight by the skin of my teeth.

Now with all the new controls in place, I personally would not book anything before 12 Noon.
Old October 22nd, 2001, 10:22 AM
Passenger

Thanks for the info. Babette, did you recieve early-off and still run real close? I know that I can get off in the first wave but sure do still have concerns.
Old October 22nd, 2001, 12:18 PM
Passenger

Just returned Sat. a.m. on Infinity. We had a FF flight at 10:50. Were in the first group to disembark, went to claim luggage, one piece wasn't in the right color-coded tag place, found it, still couldn't find another one at all -- which actually ended up on our plane but went on to Lubbock, TX where it was found yesterday -- so left without one piece after searching the "warehouse" for 20 minutes and making a claim, got taxi and got to the airport before the busloads did and got the plane with time to spare. They had LOTS of ticket agents on hand and stood in the snake line only about 20 minutes. Of course, there was a line out the door when we finished, but hopefully those had later flights. We could have even made an earlier one if we didn't look so long for the luggage!!
Old October 22nd, 2001, 12:27 PM
Al Neill (Zymus)

Kay,
If you do it, you may end up with an ulcer.

On my cruise last week on Galaxy, we did not begin leaving the boat until 9 AM or so, and if you get selected for a random search by customs, it will be all over.

I know some people that had 10:30 flights and I saw them still standing in line for a bus at 9:45, granted they could have jumped into a cab and made it, maybe, but probably just barely.

It takes a lot longer to clear customs now and since every person has to check in at the customs table before the first person will be allowed off the ship, this can take a long time.

- Al