Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 19th, 2001, 07:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Cruise Price Galaxy Dec 14 2001

I booked this cruise myself using the Celebrity web site. For cruise only we paid 629 X 2.(taxes/port charges incl). That works out to 89 dollars per day X 2. That sounds good to us . Little or no effort involved in getting this price. We have a cat 5 on the Panorama Deck. Could we have done better using a T/A. Not being sarcastic but see on these boards numerous posts, from time to time, saying you should use a T/A to get the best price. I know some will always pay more or less....seems to be the nature of pricing. Anyone else book their own cruise? Are you happy with the price? Just looking for feedback so we will know next year whether to use a T/A or book our own. Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Old October 19th, 2001, 07:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default add on

Would appreciate replies from NON-T/A people. I would expect T/A's to say using a T/A is absolutely the best way. Nothing wrong in that but looking for answer from travellers like us. Thanks!
Old October 19th, 2001, 08:04 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: add on

Robs..
I'm not a TA.. but certainly an advocate of using TAs. U can even take your booking with Celebrity and turn it over to a TA. Celebrity allows this no problem.

Certainly u'll hear from some cruisers who book direct with cruise lines and report no problems.. but .....

If u cant get a better price from a TA than u can from a cruise line web site, u've got the wrong TA.
A good TA will also monitor your cruise rates for further discounts which could occur.

There is so much more your TA can take care of for you..but in this post I was talking specifically to the price issue u asked about.

Regards,
Kuki
Old October 19th, 2001, 09:33 PM
Lillian

Default Re: Cruise Price Galaxy Dec 14 2001

I am going on that date and I paid a cabin for 2, $564.75 each one and I am on the Penthouse Deck. I have an inside cabin. Now I booked another cruise the Infinity but this is on December 1, and I paid for a cabin of 2, with port charges $366.85 for each person. I think this was a special price.

Well I hope you have a wonderful cruise and nice stay on our island Puerto Rico.

Lillian
Old October 19th, 2001, 10:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hey -
We are booked on the Century 7 night on Jan. 26 - our TA just got us a cat 4 for $61 a day! We were paying more than that for a cat 10 this morning. I would definitely check with a TA for a better price. Best of luck.

Laurie

Zenith - 02/01
Century- 01/02
Century-02/02
Old October 20th, 2001, 12:11 AM
Cruise Maniac

Good price Good for you! Was that based on a group or individual rate? Incl port/taxes charges? sounds good.
Old October 20th, 2001, 12:16 AM
Cruise Maniac

from a Cat 10 (inside) to a cat 4 (outside Deluxe O/V) for less money......thats great......just goes to show you gotta watch prices. Obviously, Century offering deals on their Cat 4 rooms. You are lucky your travel agent checked and found it for you or did you call and ask the T/A to check it? Happy for you
Old October 20th, 2001, 01:25 AM
Admiral

you got a cat 4 Deluxe O/V stateroom for 427 per person for a 7 day cruise????? hummmmmmm.....you sure thats right? I would say your T/A is a miracle worker. My T/A wants your T/A to book her cruises...lol
Semper Fi
Old October 20th, 2001, 10:30 AM
Cruise Maniac

I found it by checking out the website. All cats 3-12 dropped in price! I called my TA right away & she got right on it. Now I'm hoping that the west. 7 night will drop too so that we don't have to move into an inside room(we're doing a b-to-b).

Laurie
Old October 21st, 2001, 10:49 PM
Babette

Oh Rob.......I just booked the Century this past week (Fri).......Not only had Celebrity reduced their rates, but they have given agents up to 20% commission to wheel and deal on all new bookings from 10/12 through the end of the year provided the sailings occur during the same time period.

I got my Century Royal Suite - single ococupancy -for less than $2000.

The rates on Celebrity through the end of the yaer are pretty good - but you have to check out air. A friend of mine who is an agent just booked Galaxy for 12/14... but she could not get air that would work for under $800 from MA.

My last minute air on Southwest from Providence ran me $298. I typically pay somewhere in the neighborhood of $180 for the same air booked way out.
Old October 22nd, 2001, 05:00 PM
greg lucas

i originally booked a cat 2 (outside w/ verandah) for $1400 total - yes that includes all port taxes and fees for 2 people. This is for the Dec 7th Galaxy.

I got a call last week from my T/A and he said " I can upgrade you to a Cat 1 Suite for $100 more per person."

I said do it. It's worth it to have the butler and get free admission to the Thallotherapy spa all week!