CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Celebrity (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/)
-   -   Suite perks on Celebrity (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/207501-suite-perks-celebrity.html)

Sandy October 20th, 2001 04:03 AM

Suite perks on Celebrity

Are suite perks on Celebrity good like HAL? Princess eliminated theirs for suite passengers and it has been a big disappointment.
If I'm paying for the suite, I want the butler service, laundry service etc.

I'm interested in cruising Infinity to the Panama Canal in the spring to try another line besides HAL.

Bob T. October 20th, 2001 05:18 AM

Re: Suite perks on Celebrity

I sailed on the Millennium last New Years, and loved it so much that my wife and I are going back in Feb. We had a Sky Suite and had an attentive butler who took care of shore excursions, reservations for the special restaurant, personal needs, etc. They usually bring canapes or hors d'oevres around 4 pm. We told him the first day exactly what we wanted, and had it every day. My wife even treated herself to an in-suite message.

I haven't travelled in a suite on HAL, so I can't compare the level of service, but you do get extra perks.

chuck October 20th, 2001 08:18 AM

Celebrity does not offer FREE laundry service as HAL does. Also no laundry rooms as HAL has. The Celebrity product is good and you should enjoy your canal transit. Each cruise line and ship has their own distinctive atmosphere and I think each is to be enjoyed for what it is.

Safe sailing!
Chuck

Ginny Schoenfeld October 20th, 2001 09:43 AM

Sandy,
You'll definetely enjoy all the perks staying in a Sky Suite or Celebrity Suite. You won't be getting the free laundry service but you will have other perks that HAL doesn't offer.

Happy Cruising!
Ginny

Babette October 21st, 2001 10:43 PM

Sandy:

I think the best perk was not having to put my cases out the night before debarkation. I just told our butler what time we wanted to leave. A porter showed up at our door at the designated time. He took our cases an we followed him off the ship. Then he transferred our cses to another porter who took our customs declarations, cases and us through Customs and on out to the taxi rank.

Unlike HAL there is no free laundry nor a special dinner. You get a bottle of Michel Roux champagne in your suite upon arrival. The goodies come at about 4 in the afternoon. Your butlerwill also bring you cappucino or espresso to your suite if you like. It is free. But if you order it in the dining room or in the Tastings bar you do have to pay. Fruit is replenishned upon request. A floral arrangement will also be in your stateroom at sometime. You also get a navy blue tote bag.

FWIW - your butler has numerous suites to handle so don't expect him at your beck and call 24/7. On our last Galaxy cruise some pax treated our butler like he was their personal servant.

I am certainly looking forward to another Royal Suite .. only on Century this time.
Two weeks and counting!!!

Al Neill (Zymus) October 22nd, 2001 11:16 AM

Babbette,

I am not sure about the suitcase disembaration thing, this may no longer be true. I was in a sky suite aboard the galaxy last week and we had to put our cases out by midnight, like everyone else. Then to top it off, they misplaced my suitcase, it took an extra 35 minutes to find it (it was in the furthest section away from the section it was supposed to be in, red tag still firmly in place on the bag).

I did enjoy the in suite dining especially for breakfast, and also for some dinners. Our butler was attentive and very professional, and was helpful in cases where I had difficulty with other parts of the ship's staff.

- Al

Gidget1 October 22nd, 2001 10:54 PM

I'm so excited.. getting upgraded to a sky suite. Just don't quite know how to handle the 'butler' thing. But at least I'll politely ask him or her to shine my husband's shoes. Ok so maybe a cappacino around 4ish :> I just don't want to 'overuse' my butler. Is there anyway to make this seem less awkward?

Kay October 23rd, 2001 09:32 AM

I don't think you need to worry about it being awkward. The butlers are used to having guests that have never even seen a butler before and most will try very hard to make your stay special. I'm hoping to have one on Infinity and am sure there will be some nice treats but I really am kind of a "do it myself" person so may not even think to ask when I should. Have fun and enjoy the pampering!