CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Celebrity (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/)
-   -   Average Celebrity Passenger Age (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/207540-average-celebrity-passenger-age.html)

dgm October 25th, 2001 04:50 PM

Average Celebrity Passenger Age

Whats the average age of a Celebrity Passenger?? I am travelling in a party of 5 celebrating my parents 40 th wedding aniversary and am in my early 30's. Please tell me there will be some younger people on board! Drop me a line all you past Celebrity cruisers and let me know. Thanks.

missmac October 25th, 2001 05:18 PM

Re: Average Celebrity Passenger Age

My husband and I are early 50's and we've been on Celeb 4 times, twice with our daughters - ages early 20's. They had a great time both times. There have always been an assortment of people of all ages - probably more over 55 - but still a good assortment. Have fun! Carol

Bill October 25th, 2001 06:54 PM

Celebrity Cruises attract a slightly older passenger than a Carnival Cruise for example.
Each cruise, ship,itinerary and the time of year will impact the age on board.
I have never been on a Celebrity cruise that didn't have a reasonable amount of people in each age group on board. Longer cruises will tend to have a slightly older group only because of cost. On a recent cruise we sat with three
honeymoon couples from 22 to 30 years old, one 10th anniversary couple in mid 30's and us old folks at 50. On another we were in the middle of the age group
and on our last we were the young folks. Had a blast on all three with all the folks regardless of age.
Enjoy ( 6 days to next cruise for me)

David Starkey October 25th, 2001 07:01 PM

As previous stated your time of year and destination also factor into the average age of passengers. During the summer months increased family's and more younger passengers(7 day cruises)seem to be more common. Off season travel to Alaska really does attract an older crowd...I hope you and your family have a great cruise.

suzanne October 25th, 2001 07:28 PM

Well, my boyfriend and I are going and we are both 35....We're going on the Century 1/12/02. When are you going??? If you're on the same cruise, you're welcome to hang with us if you like...hopefully my good friend Katie and one of her friends are going too....she's A HOOT....everybody loves Katie....she could be on a deserted island and she would see somebody she knows ....
:)

Carole Dunham October 25th, 2001 08:06 PM

My daughter, who is in her thirties, loves Celebrity. We've sailed the line 3 times now and have the Summit booked for Alaska next August. She's always found contemporaries to hang out with. It's a great cruiseline and I hope all of you have a wonderful time.

Carole

Shadow October 26th, 2001 01:49 AM

I would say 45 to 60.

http://12.129.101.60/forum/attachmen...rity/11884.gif

dgm October 26th, 2001 11:18 AM

Thanks for responding - we leave in less than 2 weeks on the Summit - Nov12/01 for a 11 day cruise. Hope you all have a blast on your cruise!

Mike C October 26th, 2001 05:02 PM

I agree with Shadow, the age demo is definately 45-64. This is not to say that this is bad, at 34 I have enjoyed each of the three cruises we have sailed on Celebrity. I guess it depends on you and if you like wet T-Shirt contests maybe Carnival is more your speed. Royal Caribbean demo is around 35-54.

sailinglisa October 26th, 2001 08:18 PM

I'm in my late 30's and I found a lot of people my age on Celebrity and Princess too.