Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 25th, 2001, 03:50 PM
dgm

Default Average Celebrity Passenger Age

Whats the average age of a Celebrity Passenger?? I am travelling in a party of 5 celebrating my parents 40 th wedding aniversary and am in my early 30's. Please tell me there will be some younger people on board! Drop me a line all you past Celebrity cruisers and let me know. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old October 25th, 2001, 04:18 PM
missmac

Default Re: Average Celebrity Passenger Age

My husband and I are early 50's and we've been on Celeb 4 times, twice with our daughters - ages early 20's. They had a great time both times. There have always been an assortment of people of all ages - probably more over 55 - but still a good assortment. Have fun! Carol
Old October 25th, 2001, 05:54 PM
Admiral

Celebrity Cruises attract a slightly older passenger than a Carnival Cruise for example.
Each cruise, ship,itinerary and the time of year will impact the age on board.
I have never been on a Celebrity cruise that didn't have a reasonable amount of people in each age group on board. Longer cruises will tend to have a slightly older group only because of cost. On a recent cruise we sat with three
honeymoon couples from 22 to 30 years old, one 10th anniversary couple in mid 30's and us old folks at 50. On another we were in the middle of the age group
and on our last we were the young folks. Had a blast on all three with all the folks regardless of age.
Enjoy ( 6 days to next cruise for me)
Old October 25th, 2001, 06:01 PM
David Starkey

As previous stated your time of year and destination also factor into the average age of passengers. During the summer months increased family's and more younger passengers(7 day cruises)seem to be more common. Off season travel to Alaska really does attract an older crowd...I hope you and your family have a great cruise.
Old October 25th, 2001, 06:28 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to suzanne

Well, my boyfriend and I are going and we are both 35....We're going on the Century 1/12/02. When are you going??? If you're on the same cruise, you're welcome to hang with us if you like...hopefully my good friend Katie and one of her friends are going too....she's A HOOT....everybody loves Katie....she could be on a deserted island and she would see somebody she knows ....
Old October 25th, 2001, 07:06 PM
Carole Dunham

My daughter, who is in her thirties, loves Celebrity. We've sailed the line 3 times now and have the Summit booked for Alaska next August. She's always found contemporaries to hang out with. It's a great cruiseline and I hope all of you have a wonderful time.

Carole
Old October 26th, 2001, 12:49 AM
Passenger

I would say 45 to 60.

Old October 26th, 2001, 10:18 AM
dgm

Thanks for responding - we leave in less than 2 weeks on the Summit - Nov12/01 for a 11 day cruise. Hope you all have a blast on your cruise!
Old October 26th, 2001, 04:02 PM
Mike C

I agree with Shadow, the age demo is definately 45-64. This is not to say that this is bad, at 34 I have enjoyed each of the three cruises we have sailed on Celebrity. I guess it depends on you and if you like wet T-Shirt contests maybe Carnival is more your speed. Royal Caribbean demo is around 35-54.
Old October 26th, 2001, 07:18 PM
sailinglisa

I'm in my late 30's and I found a lot of people my age on Celebrity and Princess too.