Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 26th, 2001, 05:10 PM
Admiral

Default Looking to book a balcony cabin

I have read many reviews about balcony cabins on Celebrity, Holland America and Princess and I'm a little confused. I have read that Princess doesn't have private balconies that people can look down on you or see though the the dividers. I read that Holland America's are private. I have read that Celebrity has both private and non-private balconies. I have also read that some cruiselines can open a connecting door between balconies if you're traveling with companions in an adjacent cabin.

Does anyone have any insight or clarification on this?
Sponsored Links
Old October 26th, 2001, 08:49 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Looking to book a balcony cabin

Hi Karen,
I think the balconies vary from ship/ship. The ones on Princess you are referring to I think are some of them on Grand, but different on the Sun class ships. Is there a specific ship you are looking at? We started cruising with balconies a few years ago and now can't cruise without one, they are the greatest, hope you find the right ship with a balcony you can enjoy.

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old October 26th, 2001, 09:20 PM
Lillian

I went last year on Carnival Destiny and had a cabin with balcony because I thought that I was going to have fun. You know what? I prefer to take a cabin with a window.

Lillian
Old October 26th, 2001, 10:47 PM
Mike C

I hate it when respondants don't respond to the question asked. On Celebrity ships prior to the Millie Class the balconies have metal dividers between the balconies vs. the frosted glass. Some balconies on each ship are viewable from upper decks. Check you deck plans to make sure that the cabin above you covers your cabin for privacy. I have been on Century, Galaxy and Millenium so if you want to know specifics about those ships let me know.
Old October 27th, 2001, 03:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

We have booked a balcony cabin on the Vista deck of the Galaxy. What will that be like?
Old October 27th, 2001, 04:50 PM
Mike C

The Vista deck is good because you are sandwiched between the Penthouse and Panorama decks. You should have complete privacy. The Penthouse deck has to put up with noise from the pool deck.
Old November 4th, 2001, 01:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to Bob

Karen,
Just returned from Galaxy. We upgraded at the ship from Vista inside to Vista outside. Verandah's are about as private as you can get. There is a small opening between the divider and the rail ( about 4-6 inches) The divider is metal and therfore not frosted glass. Totally covered from above. We did see some verandah's that were larger ( I think they were suites on deck 10) which were open on top and you could look directly down from the deck above. Certainly not private. We were room 9143. Let me know if I can answer any questions.

Bob