Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 27th, 2001, 09:21 AM
First Mate

Default Olympic Restaurant on Millenium

Do I have to wear formal attire to the Olympic Restaurant on the Millenium or is a jacket and tie with khacki's sufficient? Also, is the cost $25 per person? Is it worth the expense? One last question for any recent Millenium Eastern Caribbean cruisers...Was Wed. evening (the day you were in Dominican Republic) semi-formal dress in the dining room? Thanks for the info.!
Sponsored Links
Old October 27th, 2001, 10:25 AM
AR

Default Re: Olympic Restaurant on Millenium

You should not wear formal attire, but I wouldn't wear khakis either. A jacket and tie with dress slacks, or a suit, are best.

You will undoubtedly get a zillion replies about whether the $25 is worth it. Some will object on the grounds that a cruise is supposed to be "all-inclusive." (although I've never seen a law to that effect). A large majority of the people on this board since the ship was launched a year+ ago have felt that the surcharge was not only worth it, but that it was the ticket to a fantastic evening. This held true even after the charge was raised to $25. Putting it in perspective, you'd never touch a meal of that quality for $25 anywhere else. The service is superb; the room a knockout.

We had dinner at the Olympic in the Med almost exactly a year ago, and felt it was a spectacular evening. I'd recommend it without hestitation.

AR
Old October 27th, 2001, 11:30 AM
Mike C

I agree completely with AR. It was the best $50 I spent on my cruise. Business attire is expected but they do not want tuxedos. I would recommend that you go on a day at sea when it is not formal night as it takes 3+ hours to dine.
Old October 27th, 2001, 01:14 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Here's a link to a story I wrote about our "Olympic Experience" last fall.
<http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/cruiseguide/ship-features/millenniumlive3.cfm>

As you'll be able to tell by reading... we thoroughly enjoyed the experience!
We were recently on the Explorer of the Seas and dined in their alternate restaurant.. Portofinos. It couldn't compare. I had been spoiled by the Olympic, I guess.

Regards,
Kuki
Old October 27th, 2001, 04:16 PM
Frank

I enjoyed the Olympic too but was disappointed that it was only a 3 course meal. That meant either, soup, or salad or appetizer. I wish they had included an appetizer AND salad.
Old October 28th, 2001, 09:28 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave

We asked for soup and salad and got it. All the staff will do almost anything to please you. Just ask. Its a great experience. Also, if you see two choices on the entrees that you can't decide between, tell them and they'll work something out.
Old October 29th, 2001, 06:31 PM
Bob T.

There isn't enough that I can say regarding how much my wife and I enjoyed the Olympic. In fact we went back a 2nd time even though you are supposed to be limited to one night per cruise.

Everyone has their own tastes, and just because my wife and I loved it doesn't mean that you won't feel that spending $50. was a lot. But all I can say is that my wife and I have been on 28 cruises and the dinners that we had in the Olympic Restaurant were THE BEST dining experiences we have EVER had on any ship.

We are going back on the Millennium Feb.3, and are taking my parents, and one of the reasons that we picked the ship was because of the Olympic dining room. There are certainly many other things that we liked about the ship, but the Olympic is great.

I don't think that they will refuse you if you have a jacket,tie, and khakis, but I would recommend dress slacks. Enjoy!!!!!!
Old November 22nd, 2001, 04:02 PM
Yeoman

When did you make reservations for the Olympic Restaurant? Also, what nights are semi-formal nights?

Thanks Linda