Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 28th, 2001, 01:00 PM
Admiral

Default Piggy wants 2 entree's

yes sometimes I am a big piggy. Usually, if lobster is served, I like a steak or prime rib with it. What is the current policy on getting 2 entree's? We will be sailing on the Galaxy. Cruising toward my target weight of 400 lbs
Semper Fi
Sponsored Links
Old October 28th, 2001, 01:07 PM
Frank

Default Re: Piggy wants 2 entree's

Just ask for it. And thirds to.
Old October 28th, 2001, 02:05 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Rick..
We occassionally cruise with friends who have been known to have 6 or 7 lobsters on "lobster night".
I'm a pasta lover.. if there happens to be a good pasta dish available, we'll often order a couple of dishes of pasta just to pass around the table along with everyone's entrees.
The staff are happy to bring it.

Regards,
Kuki
Old October 28th, 2001, 02:18 PM
Admiral

Default OINK OINK thanks Kuki lol

thanks Kuki......looks like I will gain a few more pounds on this cruise
Semper Fi
PS 6 or 7 Lobsters!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I have died and gone to heaven!!!!!!!
Old October 28th, 2001, 02:59 PM
Mike C

On the Millie I ordered the prime rib and lobster and it was quite awkward as they tried to put two full plates in front of me. I took the tail and put it on the beef plate and sent the rest back, but it caused quite a scene. On previous cruises I have order both and they put them on one plate. Oh well. I will still order both on future cruises.
Old October 28th, 2001, 09:52 PM
denisemb

I experienced the same as Mike.

On 9/99 Galaxy SS cruise, we decided to dine en suite the 2nd formal night. (Hey, it was our honeymoon, I could only WISH we'd spring for a suite on each cruise, but that's another story

When dithering between prime rib & lobster that night, the butler immediately said "No problem! I'll bring you both". This resulted in two "complete" dinner plates for each of us. While there was no embarassment, it did seem a waste.

Next time.....I'd specify "hey, buddy......just throw a tail on the same plate as the cow, please"!

Denise < ------ not really, thankfully my outward responses are marginally classier than my thoughts {grin}.
Old October 28th, 2001, 11:48 PM
Shirl

Get friendly with your waiter/assistant waiter from day one. I am sure they will go the "extra mile" for nice customers. Like my dad use to say, "be nice to the waitress and she'll probably cut you a bigger slice of the cheesecake"
Old October 29th, 2001, 12:19 AM
Mike C

Being freindly with the waiter was not my problem. In fact on most evenings we were the last table to leave as our waiter was showing us table tricks. I think the issue is in the kitchen and their inability to make special orders.
Old October 29th, 2001, 12:15 PM
Admiral

This is a topic that really hits home with us! My husband ALWAYS requests 2 entrees when he cant make up his mind on ANY cruise line with no problem! We are Captains Club members and have recently cruised Celebrity 3 times in a row. We have noticed that the waiters never used to blink an eye when he requested this, but, our last cruise was to Bermuda on Zenith. Our waiter questioned him to insure he understood the request but did serve the second entree. I cant explain it, but, there was some hesitation on the waiters part - It was a wierd silence, but, we did get the second entree non the less. I think that cruise lines in general are not encouraging this as well as cutting corners in other ways. The white gloved waiters were there at lunch carrying the womens trays but not the huge number that we are used to seeing. BTW, I too am a piggy - I have a couple of escargot when they are served YUMMY!!!
We will be on Millie in Feb., will let you know how the 2 entree request goes on her.
Sue
Old October 29th, 2001, 02:02 PM
Admiral

Default Re: thanks Sue nm

none
Old October 29th, 2001, 03:02 PM
Linda T.

Your Dads right Shirl. I was a waitress for years. Trust me, being friendly can get you just about anything. And being a jerk, well, I won't tell you what happens then. I will just say tho, that I am always nice to my servers.
Old October 29th, 2001, 06:00 PM
Mike C

Yes I agree that sugar works better than vinegar with waiters. However there seems to be an issue with the kitchen, NOT the waiters in terms of the two entree issue. Our waiter was more than happy to accomodate my request for surf and turf but not on the same plate which made a scene at the table.
Old October 29th, 2001, 07:55 PM
Cruise Maniac

My husband and I were on the Millennium transatlantic - two entrees were never a problem - nor were the two appetizers or the multiple desserts. And the staff in the gym didn't mind us doing three aerobic classes a day either :-)
Enjoy your cruise and your food! Food was delicious on the Millie.
Old October 30th, 2001, 10:02 AM
Longboysfan

We've cruised about 15 times.
Most recently the last few times we have never had a problem with random double dinner orders.
The line also expects this at Lobster night.
Usually on Celeberty I have about 4 or 5.
Waiters and service is always top shelf.
Old October 30th, 2001, 02:22 PM
harborman

Have been on a few Celebrity cruises and they all did the same thing if you wanted two or more selections. You get two or more complete dinners, guess the kitchen is set up for a specific thing on a specific plate.
One trip they waited fro you to finish your first dinner before they would bring out the second. They get very upset if you wnat to dump it all on the same plate.
Presentation is a big part of the dinner.