Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 6th, 2001, 07:01 AM
kc

Default Captain's Club

We just enrolled in the Captain's Club. I also just booked the 11 night western Caribbean out of Baltimore on the Galaxy leaving on September 30, 2002. I booked an outside catergory 5 (panarama deck), and with the captains club, I was automatically upgraded to a catergory 4 (vista deck), just the upgrade, I think, is worth the price of the captains club. I dont know how embarking, and disembarking are. They said that when you check in at the port, there is suppose to be a seperate line for the captains club members. Does anyone know of this being true? I only sailed once before this past October to Bermuda on the Horizon, and i dont remember no seperate line, but then again, I wasnt looking either. I am 30, and my partner is 35, I guess with the captains club enrollment, we will be cruising often. Please let me know your opinions on the captains club.
Sponsored Links
Old November 6th, 2001, 07:59 AM
MaryKay

Default Re: Captain's Club

Yes, there are separate lines for Captain's Club members and for Suites. We are sailing on the April 15 Galaxy cruise out of Baltimore (we live in Baltimore) and we just returned from the 7-night Bermuda cruise in October on the Zenith out of Baltimore. So, this itinery is just great for us. The Port of Baltimore is quite easy to depart from and overall embarkation is handled very smoothly.
Old November 6th, 2001, 10:48 AM
kc

Mary Kay, Could you please let me know what the address is of the port of Baltimore? I called celebrity and they told me "Dun Dalk Passenger Terminal on Keith Ave., but when I tried looking it up on the internet, I couldnt find it. I was looking to see whats in the area, and to see if I wanted to spend a few days before the cruise in that area. I was wondering what Hotels were in the area of the port. I would probably stay at one of them, only if they were REAL close to the terminal. Can you please let me know? Thanks
Old November 6th, 2001, 11:37 AM
Cruise Maniac

The Dundalk Passenger Terminal's address is 2700 Broening Highway in Baltimore. this link should take you to a map. Sorry, don't know the area or what 's like, but bear in mind it's a working port.

<http://www.mpa.state.md.us/cruises/dir.htm>
Old November 6th, 2001, 03:25 PM
BillG

Most of the benefits for belonging to the Captain's Club are provided by other lines to their repeat passengers and come without any fee. However, the $35 fee is certainly nominal, and those who have paid it apparently feel that they have received value from their membership. I wouldn't make alumni status on any line my primary reason for sailing with them again instead of another line. If you want to get the "benefits" of Captain's Club membership, pay the fee (or go on another line and get most of the same benefits for no fee ().
Old November 6th, 2001, 04:11 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

BillG wrote:
>
> Most of the benefits for belonging to the Captain's Club are
> provided by other lines to their repeat passengers and come
> without any fee.

Bill.. not really true. My own opinion the priority embarkation and debarkation alone are worth the $35/per family/per lifetime fee.
Of the cruise lines who's repeater's club I belong to.. no one has offered me that.

And none of the other lines I'm a repeater of give the automatic 1 cat upgrade either.
Then, of course, there's those spiffy, invaluable, Captain's Club luggage tugs <G>

I don't think any of the cruise lines offer enough incentives to their repeat cruisers to warrant choosing them for next your next cruise on that basis alone.

Regards,
Kuki
Old November 6th, 2001, 04:34 PM
BillG

Kuki wrote:
>
> BillG wrote:
> >
> > Most of the benefits for belonging to the Captain's Club are
> > provided by other lines to their repeat passengers and come
> > without any fee.
>
> I don't think any of the cruise lines offer enough incentives
> to their repeat cruisers to warrant choosing them for next
> your next cruise on that basis alone.
>
> Regards,
> Kuki

Good point Kuki and I totally agree. However, as a Diamond member of Crown & Anchor we had separate check in and when our flight schedule has required it we have had no difficulty in getting early debarkation. In any other case, my ambition is to be the last person shoved off the ship, not the first to leave. We have frequently received coupons for a discount that we have actually been able to use, and the 20% discount in the onboard shops has saved me a pretty penny on a couple of occasions, and a nominal amount on the rest. Since I (and I don't speak for my wife ) don't normally view a cruise as a shopping opportunity, even that benefit is of limited value. I have more than enough RCI luggage tags ( I would need to buy even more luggage to make use of them all).
As I said, those who have paid the fee seem more than pleased with the benefits and it is certainly not a significant matter. If some posters can wish that the cruiselines would provide unlimited free soda, I guess I can wish that Celebrity would eliminate this minor fee.
Adventure is in town and I hope to make a trip past the cruise pier to get a look.
Old November 6th, 2001, 05:21 PM
AR

If you travel to Baltimore early, you're not gonna want to stay at the Dundalk terminal. Your best bet is to enjoy the hotels and the atmosphere in downtown Baltimore, especially near the very congenial Inner Harbor, then take a cab to the ship when the time comes.

AR
Old November 6th, 2001, 07:57 PM
kc

Kuki
I agree with you 200%. I think it is just worth the $35 just to embark and disembark early. So no matter how early or late I get to the pier, I can just about walk right on. I like that. My first cruise with Celebrity this past October on the Horizon, I though was an awful disembarking, We were hanging around in the lounges for 2 to 3 hours. I heard thats how it is on disembarking day, but i thought that to be so tedious, at least with the Captains club, we will be prioritized. The cabin upgrade isnt to shabby either.
Old November 7th, 2001, 12:39 PM
Marsha Norris

I agree with Kuki, of course most of the time I do but not all the time, we are members of the captains club and will be taking advantage of the benefits for the fourth time on the Galaxy out of her new, hopefully not temporary, port. Embarkation is wonderful, just walk on the ship and debarkation is even better. We have gotten the automatic upgrade this will be the third time, and have absolutely had more cocktails at the free cocktail parties than I could have bought with four times the cost of the captains club. By the way, luggage tags, they will send you many many of them, when they do break, and lapel pins, I lose at least one every trip.
Old November 7th, 2001, 01:51 PM
Marcella

I finally did it -- my husband and I are CC members! All the positive comments made me call.
Old November 7th, 2001, 02:03 PM
jp garnier

You definitely do not wish to spend any time in the Dundalk area. In fact there are no hotels and only port and industreial facilities. On the other hand downtown Blatimore with its renovated harbor area is just marvelous with lots of hotels and attractions. JP
Old November 9th, 2001, 01:46 PM
Longboysfan

Get the Captains Club. For all of the above extras.
Getting off 2nd is worth it.
Old November 10th, 2001, 07:55 PM
Marion Paris

We just joined too. Sailing on the Summit on NOvember 23 and again on the Millennum on February 10. We will see......

Marion

Old November 20th, 2001, 09:53 PM
Margaret

Hi Marion, I will also be on the Millenium on 10/2/2002 and I also just joined the Captains Club can't wait for that priority disembarkment as I hate waiting around
for hours ibn a lounge..