Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 5th, 2003, 07:23 PM
BuddyR

Default Century Adults Only Cruise

My husband and I have about decided on the June 7 sailing of the Century. Would any recent cruisers on the adults only cruises detail the special activities?
Sponsored Links
Old March 6th, 2003, 08:43 AM
Wally

Default Re: Century Adults Only Cruise

We also are booked on the Century for the June 7th Adults Only Cruise. This will be my second Adults Only Cruise. Here is my review of my first Adults Only Cruise:

Adults Only Cruise
Celebrity Mercury 10-25-02

My best cruise yet! I will attempt to articulate the salient particulars of this “Adults Only Cruise” juxtaposed to my recent sailing on the Celebrity Galaxy on August 30, 2002. Note, both of these vessels are sisters ships, with occupancy of 1,870 passengers, tonnage of 77,713, length 866 feet, beam 105 feet, and cruising speed of 21.5 knots respectively. The Galaxy entered service in December 1996, and the Mercury in November 1997. The Galaxy cruise began from the Port of Baltimore, for 10 nights, with 5 ports of call. The Mercury cruise sailed from Miami, for 7 nights, with four ports of call. The Galaxy sailed with full occupancy whereas the Mercury had less than half of its capacity. Both sailings enjoyed near perfect weather conditions. I had cabin # 4034 on the Galaxy, (outside on the Continental deck) and cabin # 8009 on the Mercury, (deluxe outside on the Panorama deck).

The service was exemplary on both ships. The most contrasting difference between these cruises was the absence of children. On the Mercury there wasn’t anyone doing cannonballs into the swimming pools, dunking one another in the hot tubs, running up and down the ship’s corridors and staircases, knocking on your cabin door in the middle of the night, hitting all of buttons on the elevators, crying for attention in the dinning rooms, wearing their baseball caps backwards on formal night etc. I didn’t even miss the youth who had the audacity to wear a gold painted hand-grenade around his neck all week long on the Galaxy trying to emulate a terrorist. So much for the kids. I am a 55-year-old professional who recently retired to live the good life. I have raised two daughters, put them through college, taken them on two cruises, and got them started off in life with new cars. Both of my daughters have traveled extensively and both have been to Europe. Now it is all about me! This was my 17th cruise, my fourth on Celebrity. I like Celebrity best.

This Mercury Cruise was titled “Celebrity Escape”. I think you can image whom we were escaping from? Upon boarding the Mercury each passenger received a glass of champagne. Again, everyone had to be 21 years of age or older. The following was the itinerary, adults only activities, and dress code for the Mercury’s 7-night Western Caribbean Cruise:

Friday - October 25, Casual dress - Depart Miami at 8:00 pm
1:00 PM Complimentary Champagne upon boarding the Mercury
4:00 PM Unofficial Cruise Critic Party in Penthouse Suite 1024, hosted by Babette (about 40 people in attendance), nice job Babette. We all love you.
6:00PM Lifeboat Drill, mandatory participation.
Saturday - October 26, Formal dress - At Sea all day
7:30 AM – 10:00 AM *Complimentary Mimosas & Bloody Marys served with breakfast.
11:00 AM Official Connections Cruise Critic Party in the Navigator Club, about 75 passengers were in attendance, as well as the hotel manager, cruise director, and the social hostess. Danish, hors d’oeuvres, pastries, coffee, tea, sodas, champagne, mimosas, and Bloody Marys were all served complementary*. Connections pins as well as Celebrity tee shirts were handed out. Although some passengers failed to introduce their selves and stayed in small cliques, many more folks moved around the room and made new acquaintances. Celebrity took a group photograph of the entire party, however I never saw it on display. I would have liked to purchase it. Great get-together party put on by Celebrity, a real plus for all Cruise Critics.
2:45 PM Complimentary Wine Tasting Party for Captain’s Club Members.
6:15 PM Captain’s Welcome Aboard Cocktail Party, (Open Bar)
Sunday - October 27, Informal dress - Grand Cayman
5:15 PM Captain’s Club Cocktail Party, (Open Bar)
7:00 PM *Complementary wine served with dinner
11:00 PM Tropical Night Deck Party, Tropical Fruit & Sherbet Buffet
Monday - October 28, Casual dress - Cozumel, Mexico
5:00 PM – 6:30 PM Complementary Cocktails sail-away party, (Open Bar)
8:00 PM – Monday Night Football, Pavilion Nightclub, you could bet on your favorite team, hot dogs, hamburgers, pizza & Miller beer served 2 for 1
11:00 PM – Rock & Roll Sock Hop in the Navigator Club
Tuesday - October 29, Informal dress - Progreso, Mexico
6:15 PM – Celebrity Repeaters Cocktail Party, Navigator Club, (Open Bar)
7:00 PM – *Complementary wine served with dinner
11:00 PM – TEX-MEX Party on the pool deck, Tex-Mex buffet
Wed. - October 30, Formal dress - At Sea all day
7:30 AM – 10:00 AM *Complimentary Mimosas and Bloody Marys were served with breakfast this morning.
Celebrity’s Happy Valentines Day. It was suggested that you say “I love you” with a single wrapped rose. 11:00 PM Le Grand Buffet
Thurs. - October 31, Casual dress - Key West, Happy Halloween
5:00 PM – 6:30 PM Complementary Cocktails sail-away party, (Open Bar)
11:00 PM – till? Halloween costume party in the Navigator Club. Great party, Celebrity really went all out with the Halloween decorations, carved pumpkins, Halloween masks, prizes, and special effects.
Friday - November 1, - Miami, 7:00 AM The Party is all over!

Notes:
Complementary Champagne served upon boarding.
Two mornings “Breakfast for Dreamers” delivered to your stateroom.
Two mornings Complementary Mimosas & Bloody Marys served with breakfast.
Two evenings, Complementary wine served with dinner.
Two late afternoons, Complementary Open Bar during sail-away parties.
Cruise Critic Connections Party with Complementary Mimosas, Bloody Marys, & Champagne.
Captain’s Welcome Aboard Cocktail Party.
Captain’s Club Members Cocktail Party.
Repeaters Cocktail Party.
Complementary Wine Tasting Party for Captain’s Club members.
Valentine’s Day – Evening, Chocolate covered strawberries delivered to your stateroom.
Halloween Party

Internet pricing is now only .50 cents per minute. There isn’t any registration fees anymore. There are no incommodious announcements. One needs to refer to their daily cruise news to ascertain when the art auctions, bingo games, horse races, and specials in the ship’s gift shops are schedules.

Singles:
Get-togethers are scheduled for singles every day.
Special dinning room tables are set-aside for those passengers traveling solo.
Special rates for passengers booking single cabins

I had an outside deluxe cabin with a VCR. I paid $ 511. including all taxes. Airfare from Baltimore to Miami on Air Tram was $75. each way.

Again, this way my best cruise. I plan to continue cruising with Celebrity Cruise Lines.

Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions that you may have regarding either the Galaxy or Mercury cruise ships.

Wally B.

Norwegian Dreamward, 08/94
RCI Sovereign of the Seas, 09/95
Carnival Inspiration, 05/96
Norwegian Crown, 11/96
Celebrity Century, 08/97
RCI Song of America, 06/98
RCI Nordic Empress, 09/98
Carnival Triumph, 11/99
Carnival Paradise, 07/00
Carnival Paradise, 09/00
Celebrity Horizon, 05/01
Norwegian Sea, 07/01
Carnival Elation, 10/01
Carnival Spirit, 12/01
Carnival Victory, 04/02
Celebrity Galaxy, 08/02
Celebrity Mercury, 10/02
Celebrity Century, 06/07/03
Old March 29th, 2003, 03:48 PM
Seaworthy Lori

Default Re: Re: Century Adults Only Cruise

Hi Wally,

I was starting to look into the Mercury Adult's only cruise for New Years with a singles group out of the chicago area and came across this thread. Just wondering, about how many singles were on the Century cruise?

Lori