Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 14th, 2001, 05:47 PM
Admiral

Default Jim Beam in Plastic Bottle

Maybe not new...maybe I never noticed before but bought a bottle of JB, for our cruise, in a plastic bottle. Fits nicely in my shaving kit <G> and I don't have to wear about breakage .
Semper Fi
Rick
Sponsored Links
Old November 15th, 2001, 08:53 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Jim Beam in Plastic Bottle

I don't buy liquor much, but was also told that even those "little nips" now come in plastic bottles. Rick, I found the size of the bottles for sail at San Juan and St. Thomas to be very large. We ended up only buying a few nips and a bottle of wine. If you love wine, in St. Thomas, at Havensight on the right hand side of one of the buildings as you face the road, is a Gourmet Shop type grocery store. If you walk by you will smell the wonderful aroma from fresh cooked delicacies. They had a fabulous wine selection at reduced prices. Product even sold in the $100's, but you would have a great selection. Our wine steward informed Robyn about this store and I did take a peek into it. They still did not have any Pinot Grigio that I was looking for. We did fine with the wine from the menu.
Bon Voyage
Old November 15th, 2001, 09:54 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to suzanne

Yeah but you DO have to worry about rot-gut!!! !!! My advice on whiskey:
I'm an Irish girl, therefore I am prejudiced...the "angel water" from Northern Ireland is the best cure for all that ails you....Try Bushmills...no plastic bottle though!!!

Hey, when you get down to Sint Maarten, you might look to buy a bottle of Wilson's Irish Whiskey...you can't buy it here in the states...it's excellent!

Save some for me...
Old November 15th, 2001, 10:36 AM
AR

You're right Suzanne. I heard that Jim Beam went to the plastic bottles as a public service to reduce the amount of broken glass on inner city sidewalks

Is that Wilson's Irish generally available throughout the Carib, or just In St. Maarten? Going on the Summit in a few weeks and wouldn't mind stocking up on some Irish to get us through the long cold winter.

AR
Old November 15th, 2001, 10:43 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to suzanne

HI AR!
I don't know if it's available everywhere...I saw it in St. Maarten last February and bought some...it was 12 dollars a bottle there...Since you can't buy it in the States, I'm assuming you wouldn't find it in the USVI but I could be totally wrong...I wasn't looking when I was there and then happened to see it in St. Maarten....
Bushmills was much cheaper in St. Maarten also (compare US price of about 20 dollars to St. Maarten price of 14.)

Good luck and happy sipping!
Suzanne
Old November 15th, 2001, 11:11 AM
jp garnier

Being franco american I enjoy a wee bit of cognac mixed with grand marnier on the verandah before going to my berth and I have taken to mixing the two in a plastic flask that can be purchased almost anywher that sells spirits. They come in various sized and ususally have a plastic, plus a metal screw on top. They are clean and sturdy. JP
Old November 16th, 2001, 01:21 PM
Passenger

Always put my Vodka/Gin in a large plastic bottle. buy the mixers. put all in a suitcase. keep the ice bucket filled. Go get some large glasses from the bar, order limes, onions, cherries from rm. service. Good to go. Bev