Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 21st, 2001, 12:17 PM
Joe Lembo

Default S. Carib. Excursions?

Does anyone recommend any excursions for the S. Carribean? Do you recommend booking with the cruise line or on your own? I have been looking at the rates charged by the cruise line (Celebrity) and it seems expensive. Has anoyone done these excursions on their own, and if so was it cheaper?
Sponsored Links
Old November 21st, 2001, 01:45 PM
Admiral

Default Re: S. Carib. Excursions?

Tell me ports you are going to and perhaps I can suggest excursions I have done or alternatives to the ships excursions.
Also tell me whther you are a sight seeing type or a beach ,snorkel and swim type. Hope I can contribute something .
Old November 21st, 2001, 09:06 PM
Lillian

I don't know which ship and which ports you are going. But if you are going to Isla Margarita, I recommend you to buy the excursion on the ship.

Lillian
Old November 22nd, 2001, 10:52 AM
Mike R.

I booked a cruise on the Millineum in January over the web site. I found an unbelievable price for 1. I travel solo and always pay for 2. This cruise was for the cabin category 1A, just below suite prices.

I paid $947 for 1 week including nite before hotel and insurance. I chose to flyon Midwest Express booked by me.

We cruise from Ft. Lauderdale with stops in Puerto Rico, some Island off Dominican Republic,st. thomas and nassau. I don't usually go on a cruise to visit the stops. Way too many people to fight. I just enjoy relaxing, reading and room service.
Old November 22nd, 2001, 02:46 PM
Passenger

Can you tell me where on-line you found this deal? Thanks!
Old November 23rd, 2001, 05:41 PM
Cruise Maniac

We did the 4X4 jeep adventure in Barbados. It was the best part of the entire cruise. Had an awesome time.
Old November 24th, 2001, 07:34 AM
Mike R.

Hi Lorraine,

I booked this trip online directly from WWW.Celebritycruise.com. It was booked in October and now the fares have gone back up. I couldn't believe the deal, especially for a solo traveler. I always get stuck with the 200% issue. I booked my own air with Midwest Express (all first class seating) and a night before stay at the Sheraton with cancellation insurance for a total of $1400. Still a good deal. Celebrity is one of the few lines that you can book directly.

I took this offer to my cruise agent and she couldn't believe the deal.
Old November 24th, 2001, 05:49 PM
RickMCCB

Sounds like you need a new T/A Mike <G>.because I am always told that a good T/A can ALWAYS beat the cruise line website <BIG G>
Old November 25th, 2001, 09:28 PM
cricket55

We did the Catamaran/Snorkelling tour in Aruba and it was the highlight of our cruise. We checked in port as to the cost of booking this other than through the ship and it was only 50 cents cheaper so I would definitely book with the ship. Don't wait too long to book either because I heard this tour gets booked early and you don't want to miss it.