Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 21st, 2001, 08:01 PM
Admiral

Default Taxi to Old San Juan ??

When My beautiful wife Deb and I return to San Juan at end of our cruise, our flight out is 230pm. With the new baggage rules since 911, we would like to go to the airport...check in (i have heard one can check in up to 4 hours before flight (???)) so we can get rid of our baggage......then take a taxi to Old San Juan to shop. Question is ...how much and how far to Old San Juan by taxi?? Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old November 21st, 2001, 09:20 PM
Frank

Default Re: Taxi to Old San Juan ??

In my opinion there really is nothing special about shops in Old San Juan. Certainly nothing like other stops on your cruise. I believe the taxi will be about $18.00. They have flat rates from the airport.

Personally, I would consider taking a taxi to a nearby hotel and have a nice lunch. Such as the Wyndham El San Juan.
Old November 21st, 2001, 10:09 PM
gabrielle

old san juan shouldn't be missed - but not because of shopping. i plan to visit san juan before the ships departs, and at the end drop off the luggage and taxi to a hotel for lunch/brunch instead.

as for taxis

$16 flat rate from old san juan to airport
$14 flat rate from pan american pier to airport
i think $8 flat to the hotels on the isla verde strip to the airport

.50 per luggage
Old November 22nd, 2001, 01:53 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Rick,
Only problem I can see with your plan, its about 30-45 minutes to the airport from the pier and then you want to go back again, another at least half an hour, plus you will have to wait and check your bags in, just not sure if there will be enough time for all that?? I've heard the airport in San Juan takes a lot of time to check-in, etc. The lunch at the Wyndham in Old San Juan sounds like the better idea, but still make sure to have enough time to get to the airport 2 hours before the flight? Have a great time.

Tuesday Chat Host
Old November 22nd, 2001, 02:10 PM
Admiral

Thanks to all for the info.
Semper Fi
Rick and Deb