CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Celebrity (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/)
-   -   Quiet Time (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/207689-quiet-time.html)

Mike C November 22nd, 2001 09:57 AM

Quiet Time

I was under the impression that the pool area was for fun activities. Not so on the Millenium where they have hours devoted to "quiet time". I thought this was because we were cruising the MED and there were alot of euros on board until I read a recent post stating the same problem. Is this new feature on all Celebrity ships?

Liz November 22nd, 2001 10:49 AM

Re: Quiet Time

YES - this is why I and many others choose Celebrity - because there are no ridiculous pool/deck games, constant announcements etc. I hope this never changes.

Rick November 22nd, 2001 12:30 PM

Thanks Mike......"Quiet time" at the pool....no hairy chest contest (CCL)......we are liking Celebrity more and more :).

Paul November 22nd, 2001 01:57 PM

AMEN

AR November 22nd, 2001 10:19 PM

And here I was thinking that a nice dip in a pool, a good book, and talking to interesting and intelligent people WERE "fun activities." I hadn't realized that it created a "problem."

Ah, well, as has been said so often, there's a cruise line for everybody.

AR

Mike C November 23rd, 2001 10:06 AM

Well I don't know. I have been on three Celebrity ships, Century, Galaxy and Millennium. Century and Galaxy always had something going on at the pool, either a band playing or activities. So when we were bored we could always go to the pool for something lively. My wife and I are very sedate for being in our early thirties but the quiet time on Millennium was too often in my opinion (everyday for 5 hrs???). Especially when you consider that the thalllossotharapy pool is an always quiet time area. I don't think the pool area needs to be the library as there are many places on the ship that are quiet.

terry November 23rd, 2001 05:51 PM

My wife and I are sailing on the Infinity Dec 8th and are hoping for some quiet, a lot of sun, a good book and a nice tropical fruit drink by the pool. From what I have read there is very little live music by the pool, which is a bit of a disappointment. A couple of "activities" would not be all that bad just as long as itís not too much. I expect to stake out our spot early on the day at sea and for the first half the day in Barbados.

-Terry

pamda November 26th, 2001 05:50 PM

I am tres confused.

Does "Quiet Time" mean no obnoxious bands playing HOT! HOT! HOT! for several hours? No cruise directors organizing silly pool-side games?

If that's the case, I'm all for it.

pamda

Mike C November 27th, 2001 03:53 PM

I happen to enjoy the tacky bands and pool games. If you want poolside ambience and quiet, the Aqua spa pool is always available. I guess I would not mind this so much except there was a definate lack of activities shipwide. When there was things scheduled they would be within 30 minutes of each other then nothing for hours. Very poor planning!!