Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 22nd, 2001, 09:57 AM
Mike C

Default Quiet Time

I was under the impression that the pool area was for fun activities. Not so on the Millenium where they have hours devoted to "quiet time". I thought this was because we were cruising the MED and there were alot of euros on board until I read a recent post stating the same problem. Is this new feature on all Celebrity ships?
Sponsored Links
Old November 22nd, 2001, 10:49 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Quiet Time

YES - this is why I and many others choose Celebrity - because there are no ridiculous pool/deck games, constant announcements etc. I hope this never changes.
Old November 22nd, 2001, 12:30 PM
Admiral

Thanks Mike......"Quiet time" at the pool....no hairy chest contest (CCL)......we are liking Celebrity more and more .
Old November 22nd, 2001, 01:57 PM
First Mate

AMEN
Old November 22nd, 2001, 10:19 PM
AR

And here I was thinking that a nice dip in a pool, a good book, and talking to interesting and intelligent people WERE "fun activities." I hadn't realized that it created a "problem."

Ah, well, as has been said so often, there's a cruise line for everybody.

AR
Old November 23rd, 2001, 10:06 AM
Mike C

Well I don't know. I have been on three Celebrity ships, Century, Galaxy and Millennium. Century and Galaxy always had something going on at the pool, either a band playing or activities. So when we were bored we could always go to the pool for something lively. My wife and I are very sedate for being in our early thirties but the quiet time on Millennium was too often in my opinion (everyday for 5 hrs???). Especially when you consider that the thalllossotharapy pool is an always quiet time area. I don't think the pool area needs to be the library as there are many places on the ship that are quiet.
Old November 23rd, 2001, 05:51 PM
Passenger

My wife and I are sailing on the Infinity Dec 8th and are hoping for some quiet, a lot of sun, a good book and a nice tropical fruit drink by the pool. From what I have read there is very little live music by the pool, which is a bit of a disappointment. A couple of "activities" would not be all that bad just as long as itís not too much. I expect to stake out our spot early on the day at sea and for the first half the day in Barbados.

-Terry
Old November 26th, 2001, 05:50 PM
Admiral

I am tres confused.

Does "Quiet Time" mean no obnoxious bands playing HOT! HOT! HOT! for several hours? No cruise directors organizing silly pool-side games?

If that's the case, I'm all for it.

pamda
Old November 27th, 2001, 03:53 PM
Mike C

I happen to enjoy the tacky bands and pool games. If you want poolside ambience and quiet, the Aqua spa pool is always available. I guess I would not mind this so much except there was a definate lack of activities shipwide. When there was things scheduled they would be within 30 minutes of each other then nothing for hours. Very poor planning!!