Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 24th, 2001, 07:32 PM
Jeri Ram

Default millie question

Hi - am leaving on the Millenium on Sunday - does anyone know if they have an area where you can press your clothes? - not that I want to spend much time doing it!
Sponsored Links
Old December 25th, 2001, 07:54 AM
Mary Lou

Default Re: millie question

As I recall, you can send your clothes out to be pressed, but there is not an area where you can do it yourself. And of course, Celebrity prohibits bringing irons in your cabins.
Mary Lou
Thursday Chat Host
Old December 26th, 2001, 10:25 AM
Jeannette

There's no ironing board in the cabin, if that's what you're looking for. The room (we had an inside cabin) has a bed, glass top table and small loveseat/large chair, and a vanity area in the cabin, but that's about it. Probably your best bet is to send things out to the laundry, they have an option to press clothes without laundering them, and the price isn't too bad. Have a great time!
Old December 26th, 2001, 12:59 PM
Admiral

Hi, Jeri ...

Put your things on hangers and cover with plastic bags from the dry cleaner. Never a wrinkle.

I did take some clean, but unpressed clothes on Horizon last month and they did a nice job ... not expensive.

pamda -- CM First-Time Cruisers Editor

p.s. Don't miss the Olympic Restaurant. Make your reservations as soon as you can.
Old December 26th, 2001, 10:56 PM
Clay B

Hi, Jeri.

We just sailed Millie in November. I really like that ship. Very classy.
Don't tell anybody(ha), but I brought a tiny travel iron. It took me all of 15 minutes to touch up a few things. Very handy.
I also used a different packing system this trip which worked. It is described on the following packing page on packinglight.com.

http://www.packinglight.com/html/method.html

There are illustrations which helped me. I'm a guy, so dresses and the like might not work as well, but here goes.

Basically, you place a shirt in the suitcase with the sleeves extended outward and the tail hanging out. Then place another the same way, and so on. Then place a pair of pants straight out from left to right with the legs hanging out the right side. Then do the next pants the opposite, hanging out the left side, and so on. Then when you have 10-12 pieces, or whatever, just start carefully folding an arm and leg at a time, trying not to form creases. It's kinda hard to describe, but once you do it, you'll appreciate the method. It packs the clothes tight together so that the weight keeps them from shifting during flight. Do a couple of trial runs if you have time before just to get the practice. I used it and think you'll like it.
Also, Calgon's page was helpful.
http://www.geocities.com/Calgon1/Ult...king_List.html

If you run into an Ass't Maitre'd in the Metropolitan Restaurant named Marcel, his photo is in the Photo Galleries section on this website under Millennium 11/04/01 (clay b), tell him Donnie, Fay and Clay said hi from Louisiana.

Happy Sailing....
Clay b