Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 28th, 2001, 02:08 PM
cathyjane

Default Vouchers

We were booked on the ill-fated Millennium when it was dry-docked in the fall of 2000 and now have 50% off vouchers for a future sailing. We are anxiously awaiting our next cruise on the Century in Feb. of 03. A cruise agent I recently spoke with suggested that Celebrity only allows a select number of voucher bookings per cruise and suggests we book early to insure the use of our vouchers. Is there truth to this or is this a sales gimmick?
Also, we will be booking a cat. 1 or SS, does anyone know where we could find good pics of these cabins other than "mytravelco"? Thanks, everyone on this message board are always the most helpful!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old December 28th, 2001, 03:43 PM
artichoke

Default Re: Vouchers

Vouchers are an IOU from the cruise line and should have no restrictions or limitations on their use. I had a voucher from Celebrity and was able to use it the same as if it was cash and it could be used for any cruise and any available cabin. Was also able to use it with a special promotion so got a really great deal on Mille last summer in the Med. Have a great cruise.
Old December 29th, 2001, 02:39 PM
jcpc

While vouchers "should" have no restrictions or limitations, some from Celebrity do have restrictions (i.e. are "capacity controlled"), however I can't say that definitely about the vouchers you are holding.
Old December 30th, 2001, 11:40 AM
Admiral

Hi, Cathy ...

I'm not sure on the voucher issue. Is it 50% off the "rack rate" or 50% off the best price you can find?

Make sure you get yourself a highly skilled cruise-only agent !!! Personally, I wouldn't fool around with on-line booking in this situation.

I'm wondering if the voucher wouldn't serve as a deposit? That might be a good question to ask.

As to pictures, go to celebrity cruises.com -- when you click on the floor plan of a cabin, a picture pops up. Ask your TA for a brochure, too.

May your l-o-n-g countdown go quickly !!!

pamda -- CM First-Time Cruisers Editor
Old December 30th, 2001, 06:17 PM
cathyjane

Thanks! The voucher cannot be used as a down payment however we are able to use it on the best price we can find on like accomodations. There are some definite instructions on how the vouchers are to be redeemed and I am trying to find cruise specific agents however, in Kansas, they're hard to come by unless you are able to find them on-line. I welcome any advice anyone can give!!! Thanks Again!!
Old December 30th, 2001, 06:21 PM
Jeff Coudriet

Cathyjane,

We had a similar predicament....were booked on a December 2000 Millennium cruise that was cancelled due to the drydock and we got the voucher as well, for a Cat 3 on Millie...used to to get a fantastic price on a Royal Suite on the Century for Jan 2001. What a great trip. If you need a TA recommendation I'm happy to tell you who mine is.

Jeff