Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 30th, 2001, 01:33 PM
Passenger

Default Alaska - HELP

We are booked on the Infinity - RT Vancouver alaska cruise. Right now we have the Celebrity air, but I'm wondering if I can get airfare cheaper since we arrive and depart from the same city.

Also, Has anyone flown into Seattle instead of Vancouver? What about transfers?

HELP!
Sponsored Links
Old December 30th, 2001, 02:53 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Alaska - HELP

You can hold on to the Celebrity air while shopping around for a cheaper air fare which you probably will find. Several years ago my husband and I flew to Seattle and rented a car and drove to Vancouver. I don't remember how long it took. You would have to ask the cruise line about transfers if you don't use their air fare. I did that 2 years ago. I flew to Anchorage and used HAL's transfer to Seward from where the ship left. They charged a certain amount pp ( I don't remember how much).
Old December 30th, 2001, 03:40 PM
dlw

Two years ago we flew into Seattle and used Celebrity bus transportation to Vancouver. It was a nice, but lengthy, ride. My best memory is about 3 hours. This was with a very quick inspection at the border, a process that now takes a significant amount of time.

We enjoyed the scenery going up. It was a less enjoyable experience on the return trip. We are hoping to go Alaska again this year and will fly into our point of departure.

David W.
Old December 30th, 2001, 04:05 PM
Carole Dunham

We will be traveling on our eighth Alaska cruise next August. We've always used our own air into Seattle a couple of days before the cruise since we adore Seattle. We take the train to Vancouver. It leaves early in the morning and is a very scenic comfortable ride. The arrival in Vancouver is about 11:45AM and then there is a 20 minute ride to the pier. We take the Celebrity transfers back and sleep on the bus.

Carole
Old December 30th, 2001, 04:14 PM
Frank_rim

Catherine,

On our Alaska cruise about 10 years ago on RCCI's "Sun Viking", we booked with RCCI for flight and transfers. The flight was nonstop from Orange Co, CA to Vancouver. We were fortunate because a number of passengers, on this cruise, were from the Midwest and East and they were flown into Seattle and bussed to Vancouver.

Don't know if Vancouver has expanded their airport now, but at that time it was a small facility with limited arrivals and departures.

Believe it's about a 2 1/2 to 3 hour drive from Seattle to Vancouver depending on traffic and border check.

Frank
Old December 30th, 2001, 10:44 PM
First Mate

Hello-
There is a shuttle service from Sea-Tac to the pier in Vancouver called Quick Shuttle 1800-665-2120. Don't know what the cost is now, but it is about a 3 hour drive between Sea-tac and Vancouver plus time crossing the border. It is a pretty drive, we enjoyed, but there always seem to be a lot of folks complaining on it when we have used. If you can get a flight straight into Vancouver it is certainly a lot less hassle. Nancy
Old December 31st, 2001, 11:59 AM
David Starkey

Vancouver flights are somewhat limited(coming from the east coast)and we have found it significantly cheaper and a lot more options to fly into/out of Seattle and do the cruise line transfers. Do go out at least a day early to allow yourself some rest time in Seattle. On our last Vancouver Alaska cruise the border crossing did take a some time(just after Sept 11th)but usually the crossing goes smoothly. Enjoy your cruise