Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 1st, 2002, 02:14 PM
First Mate

Default How dressy on informal night on Infinity?

Wonder if some who have returned from Infinity could tell me how dressy everyone seemed to be on the informal nights? Did all of the men have on jackets and ties? We have some in our group that would prefer to wear a knit shirt and sportcoat but I don't know how that would be. We do want to eat in the main dining room each night so the alternative is not an option. On Mercury there were many men that didn't even wear jackets on those nights.
Sponsored Links
Old January 1st, 2002, 02:34 PM
Benjamin Smith

Default Re: How dressy on informal night on Infinity?

Really depends on the itinerary and the pax you encounter. The longer cruises, and those who are more Celebrity cruises, tend to dress, even for casual nights. Those that cruise for itinerary or are not tied to any individual line and tend to dislike dressing up on their vacations will dress "down".

There's no way of telling. Dress whatever way you feel comfortable that is at least respectful to the suggestion of the line.
Old January 1st, 2002, 06:51 PM
AR

Regardless of what many people may "do," (or not do), we prefer it when our fellow passengers adhere to the guidelines as published. It's one of the things that makes Celebrity a little different, a little special.

Of course, we know it's a losing fight.

AR
Old January 2nd, 2002, 11:31 AM
Cruise Maniac

I was just on the Infinity and had the same question about the "informal" nights. My husband did not wear a tie but did wear a sports jacket which was perfectly acceptable.
Old January 2nd, 2002, 11:43 AM
First Mate

It has been my experience that on an informal night most men arrive in jackets but during the course of the meal many of the jackets were either draped on the back of the chairs...or around their wives shoulders! Enjoy your cruise.
Old January 3rd, 2002, 01:02 PM
perry

We were on the Zenith out of Tampa in Dec On the informal nights I saw a little of everything I wore a sport coat with no tie and was comfortable. On the formal nights I saw a few tuxes but mostly dark suits and ties.
On one of the formal nights I wore a white coat black pants and a tie I saw others with white coats blue coats and brown coats and some with no coat One little guy had dark jeans with a black short sleeve shirt and a white tie seems like he was trying hard to be different but they still let him in the dining room. I think you should just enjoy yourself and have fun and never pay $115.00 to rent a tuxedo which is what the ship would like everyone to do.
Old January 3rd, 2002, 11:22 PM
Allison

Hi, I was reading you were on the Zenith in December. If you don't mind, email me and let me know how you liked it. I am going on Zenith in March out of Tampa, first Celebrity cruise, any info would be great.

Allison
Old January 5th, 2002, 02:21 PM
Propro

There were also those of us on Infinity last month who chose a "business casual" attire on both casual and informal nights. Dockers and a button down shirt for me. It's probably not that much of a difference for a woman, since there's a greater variety of dress that would fit business casual. I didn't feel out of place at all, and expect the cruise lines to make this style of dress a listed option in the near future.
Old January 5th, 2002, 08:01 PM
Sealady

That attire sounds fine for informal nights.. the dress on Celebrity seems to be a little more formal than some lines for formal night.my husband always wears a tux. and is in style... He likes to dress up without paying the BIG bill... last time he wore a tux (other than cruising) was at our daughter's wedding!Enjoy your cruise!