Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 1st, 2002, 03:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Eric
Default poor ANDREW

You guys are giving him a hard time!! because he had the timerity to actually complain

Well I am also a brit & feel duty bound to support him, having had a miserable christmas cruise on First european/Festival's European Vision. These cruise lines are running around like headless chickens trying to fill ships at any cost in the wake of sept 11th. Standards are not just slipping they are falling off the edge. Wether by choise or compulsion he ate in alternative area, he is still entitelled to good service & food, so you guys ,take a break & get your blinkers off.
I say this as a confirmed Celebrity fan booked on new Constellation next june
Sponsored Links
Old January 1st, 2002, 07:22 PM
sailinglisa

Default Re: poor ANDREW

Eric - I'm willing ot believe him, BUT he did not answer any of the quesitons asked, just made the accusations and has essentially ignored calls for more information. Until he does tell more, I just can't give him the benefit of the doubt. If he showed up at the alternative dining area without a reservation, then he deserved the poor service (as Celebrity's policy is to require reservations for the alternative dining areas.) If he was there due to the inconsiderate behavior of fellow passengers showing up at the wrong dining time and insisting on being seated then and there - cut the staff some slack as they were trying to deal with a difficult situation as well and the displaced passengers were probably not inclined to be patient or in any way understanding; they (the displaced passengers) should have taken their frustrations out on the appropriate parties (the other passengers who were rude and inappropriate in their behavior.)
Old January 2nd, 2002, 09:41 AM
Carole Dunham

All anyone wants to know is how come he and about another 100-150 passengers ended up where they did. He seems unwilling or unable to tell us.

Carole
(still sailing Summit later on this year)
Old January 2nd, 2002, 07:01 PM
susancruzs

I, for one, won't say poor Andrew until he tells exactly what happened because the things I read in his post just didn't seem to make sense. I haven't been on Celebrity but I'm still willing to go on the Summit in May! Susan will be cruisin' on the Summit
Old January 3rd, 2002, 01:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

Andrew's story raises multiple questions. But my take in all this, is peoples reaction to his addressing the Captain. The Captain as head of the ship is ultimately responsible for anything that is happening on board. The Captain should have taken immediate interest - regardless of outcome. Without guests, Captains would not have a job. Andrew had every right to approach him (no name calling though) and perhaps should have requested to talk to him after dinner. The Captain is never readily available to the passengers and Andrew was obviously driven to the last resort. Lets face it, regardless of which Celebrity ship you sail on the worst service is from the staff at Guest Relations, they just make the right noises and do nothing.
Old January 3rd, 2002, 03:01 PM
Admiral

Who is Andrew..........I think he is a Carnival Cruise Line special agent conducting a Pysops here <G>
Old January 3rd, 2002, 03:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Or else he's a secret agent for P&O Princess mounting a dual-edged disinformation campaign to (1) frighten CarnivalCorps out of their merger mania and (2) promote freestyle dining progaganda among the pax. <G>
Old January 6th, 2002, 05:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Eric

So you guys ( who do not seem to have been on a christmas cruise) you still will not give Andrew benefit of the doubt!!
Read the postings on other boards---Infinity, summit, Norwegian cruise lines & my experience on European Vision......not a good word to say about christmas cruises!! never again on a ship with kids, & by the way for me these other posts confirm Andrews comments about Summit christmas cruise