Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 5th, 2002, 02:28 PM
Ela

Default Beaches at Cayman, Cozumel and Ocho Rios

My parents will be on Celebrity in Feb. and they're not going to snorkle. They'd love to hang out at tge 7 mile beach. Is paying $17 through Celebrity the only way to get onto the beach? And how much is the cab to go there?

Also, they're thinking of going to a beach in Ocho Rios and Cozumel. Any ideas for there considering that they're not into snorkling? I read about a hotel in Cozumel but I don't understand if it's free or not.
Sponsored Links
Old January 5th, 2002, 04:45 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Beaches at Cayman, Cozumel and Ocho Rios

I think the cabfare to 7 mile beach is about $6.

My first choice for Cozumel is the Palancar Beach Club. Not crowded, and absolutely beautiful. No entrance fee. Hammocks under the trees, beautiful water, the whole deal.

Ocho Rios is not my favorite port, so can't add much there. To me, it's an at-sea day except for a quick stop in town for coffee and rum. Then, back to the boat !!!

Hope your parents have a great cruise and if I can answer any more questions, just ask.

pamda -- CM First-Time Cruisers Editor
Old January 5th, 2002, 04:46 PM
First Mate

I wouldn't use the ships tour to the beach in Cayman. All of them use the same place and it isn't the best beach. Just grab a cab ( about $3-5pp ) and have them take you to the Westin or Marriott. The beaches in GC are all public and you can ask the hotel if you can use their chairs. I think they will all let you if you buy a drink or something. The beach is much nicer out that far.
Old January 12th, 2002, 08:02 PM
Passenger

Just returned from W. Caribbean cruise. Tell your parents about Chaakanab National Park. They can take a cab for about $8.00. Food & drinks available on beach, plus snorkeling if anyone with them is interested. Also, botanical gardens, beautiful lagoon with tropical fish, dolphins & sea lions, archeological site, etc. Wonderful place to spend a few hours of whole day. Judi