Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 7th, 2002, 01:18 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Mark Send a message via Yahoo to Mark
Default Fort Lauderdale hotel

Hi there,

Is anybody familiar with the Lago Mar Resort in Fort Lauderdale? I am looking for a pre-cruise hotel and while there web site looks good it is always better to hear from somebody who has stayed there.

Thank you all for your help,
Mark
Sponsored Links
Old January 7th, 2002, 09:50 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Fort Lauderdale hotel

Largo Mar is fabulous. Though I live in part of Fort Lauderdale, I've stayed there several times. Our consortium had its annual meeting there for years. It is a great beach resort... very upscale... "toney" and a delight. It is definitely NOT for the "I can get it $10 less by bidding" crowd. If you want an elegant, off the beaten track resort, Largo Mar is it.

Also... it's beach has a remarkable view of the exit from PEV... so... if you stay there on Saturday, for a Sunday departure, you can walk out onto the beach or jetty rocks and watch a parade of Saturday departure ships as they sail out... about 5 pm or so.

It is close to the airport and, obviously, close to the Port. Just over the 17th Street Causeway Bridge, in a very secluded area.