Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 10th, 2002, 04:11 PM
Carole Dunham

Default Celebrity gossip

My grandson, who works for RCI, tells me that there were no more than the usual amount of complaints about the Summit cruise Andrew was on. He also tells me that Celebrity will be doing exotic cruising next year. The itineraries haven't been decided yet but options include the Orient and the South Pacific. Way to go Celebrity.

Carole
Sponsored Links
Old January 10th, 2002, 05:27 PM
Babette

Default Re: Celebrity gossip

Noooooo........that won't work either. They couldn't fill Mercury on the S.A. runs, that's why they switched to Zenith.

They are having problems filling the Hawaii berths without subsidizing airlift.

Exotics don't sell well......look at the deep discounts on Princess RCL too......airlift is a problem as well as most of the cruisemarket does not have the time and/or dollars for the itineraries.
Old January 10th, 2002, 05:52 PM
Carole Dunham

They are definitely considering it though. I told my grandson I thought that if they did it they would use the smaller Celebrity ships. Wonder what their final decision will be.

Carole
Old January 10th, 2002, 06:12 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Carole,
Very interesting, keep us posted ok?

Donna
Tuessday Chat Host
Old January 10th, 2002, 08:01 PM
susancruzs

If Celebrity goes to the So. Pacific, I'll try it and I haven't even sailed with them yet! :-) Carole always is up-to-date on the latest info so I think she is probably right on. I will agree that it is a logistics nightmare because my trip from Chgo to Tahiti and Honolulu back home was the worst of all my cruises, but I'd still try it again!!! I've been waiting for a different line to go there so sounds good to me!!
Old January 11th, 2002, 12:30 AM
Carole Dunham

Absolutely will do Donna.

Carole
Old January 11th, 2002, 12:33 AM
Carole Dunham

My grandson wants to go with me on an exotic cruise. He's as sick of Caribbean cruising as I am. Be great to be able to be able to take adevantage of those great employee rates. Can't have my usual outside or verandah cabin, but for the price I'll take a broom closet!

Carole
Old January 13th, 2002, 01:49 PM
Jerie

Carol - you seem to alot about Celebrity cruises. We are cruising to Alaska this Aug 02 on the Infinity. We have on hold 2 cabins on the aft on the Paromara Deck with the large 100sq ft balconies. I worry about alot of motion back there. Any wisdom??
Old January 13th, 2002, 05:35 PM
David Starkey

Sailed Infinity in sept and thought the "ride was superior" on this ship(this includes the back of the vessel) .(this would not be true for the previous or older class of celebrity ships, but the smoothness of Infinity is exceptional.(even all the way back)

Smooth sailings..
Old January 20th, 2002, 02:16 PM
Marion Paris

Carole, I think you need to adopt me so I can get the great rate too!

Love the South Pacific. Was lucky enough to sail 10 days with Reniassance before it went belly up, what a shame. I thought it was a great cruise line - good food, wonderful staff, fabulous ports and DIRT CHEAP.... I often wondered how they cuold give you such a great cruise for the price - guess they couldn't!

$799 for 10 days with balcony...........ah the SOuth Pacific, still my best cruise - EVER!