Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 12th, 2002, 10:59 PM
Passenger

Default Kids on Celebrity

Hi everyone,
My husband and I are bringing our 3 sons (8,13,and 16) on the Celebrity Millennium for March Break (March 10th-17th) and I just wondered what the kids programs will be like. This will be our sons 6th cruise and our 8th, we've been on Carnival, Royal Caribbean, and NCL with the kids and Celebrity by ourselves. The kids have been spoiled by RCI's extensive teen programs (Carnival's were very weak) and I don't know how they'll react to something different... Do they have a kids menu in the dining room? I've heard horror stories of kids being glared at everywhere they went (of course AFTER we booked the cruise). Are the kids counselors friendly? Do the wait staff appreciate kids at the table or are they an 'annoyance'? I was just hoping I could get some imput from you all before everything is set in stone and it's too late to cancel! I would appreciate ANY help you are willing to lend me, my 16 year old is driving me nuts that he's going to be stuck with his parents the whole week! Now then again that might be a good thing... thanks again.
Maureen
Sponsored Links
Old January 12th, 2002, 11:37 PM
Carole Dunham

Default Re: Kids on Celebrity

My kid is 37 so I don't have any personal experience with the kids' programs on Celebrity. I can only tell you that the kids I've come across all have had big grins spread across their faces and the children's couselors seemed very involved with them. Have a wonderful cruise.

Carole
Old January 13th, 2002, 01:17 AM
Ginny

Maureen,
I'm an avid Celebrity cruiser and I always take my children with me. They are now 16 & 18. They've never had a dull moment on Celebrity. The teen program is one of the best I've seen. Mine have been cruising since they were 8 & 10 and it seemed as though as soon as we got on one of Celebrity ships we didn't see them until dinner because they were so well entertained.
Also take into account that there will be lots of other kids on board since you're going during Spring break. Trust me they'll all have fun.

Happy Cruising!
Ginny
Old January 13th, 2002, 05:25 PM
David Starkey

Took my two teens in Sept to Ak and they were the only teens aboard the Infinity.(This is the first time it happened to us) Check with your travel agent, as the cruise line should have an idea as to how many "youths"are booked on your particular sailing.(it should be youths aboard as that is spring break for some parts of the country.)

Good luck ( i felt kind of sorry for mine with no other kids)
Old January 14th, 2002, 09:01 AM
Dale

We celebrated two special family occasions on the Century last February during the school break (for our area). We had a total of 17 people, 9 of whom were children ranging in ages from 5-15, boys and girls. It was the first cruise that 15 of us had taken and naturally we were similarly concerned.

We did, however, make absolutely sure that the children's program would be in effect for the cruise we were on.

All the children were pleasantly occupied all day long. Although it doesn't apply to you, the younger children had the very best time. The older children did not complain about their programs. The night time activities are always better than the day time ones. Our kids (13/8) didn't come back to the cabin until after midnight.

Food service was excellent; they had their own kids table and the wait staff treated them like young royalty.

My kids cannot wait to take another Celebrity cruise.
Old January 14th, 2002, 04:14 PM
Longboysfan

About the same here. The programs are extensive when schools are on break.
But are not when the months are Sept, October, November - except for T week... and so on.
Old January 24th, 2002, 04:07 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Marisa

Hi

Just returned from Mercury 14 day South America - i'm 20 and was extremely worried i was going to be the only one below 30 on the cruise - not so! There was about 50 people under 25 on the cruise about 30 of them where under 18 and those that joined the youth program had a great time - they seemed to offer a good program (especially for those under 14) and kids are definitely not stared upon - i'm not sure about the menu in the dining room , but i'm sure your kids will have a great time.

Hope this helps
Marisa