Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 17th, 2002, 04:32 PM
DOTTIE

Default Galaxy sailing questions

We are sailing on the galaxy February 8th. Is there a pier at Basseterre, St. Kitts, or do we tender in? Do non-US citizens have to go through US immigration on board before disembarking at St Thomas? Do you tip the hairdressers at the AquaSpa, or is 15% gratuity added to the bill?
Sponsored Links
Old January 17th, 2002, 05:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Galaxy sailing questions

Hi Dottie,
The one time we cruised to St. Kitts, 2000, we did have to tender. Since we are US citizens we did have to go through immigrations in St. Thomas, but because we didn't stop after that, we did not have to do it again when we returned to Fl. Sorry, didn't pay attention to what the aliens had to do, really wasn't that big a deal, except we had to report at 7AM that day, was not happy about that

Have fun!

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old January 17th, 2002, 05:56 PM
First Mate

Was in St Kitts on Galaxy 12/16. Docked.
AquaSpa automatically adds 10%. You have option to add more.
AquaSpa was my favorite part of the cruise. Had several treatments there.
Old January 17th, 2002, 08:07 PM
Admiral

yes no dont know
Old January 18th, 2002, 04:29 PM
First Mate

We docked at St. Kitts.
Old January 18th, 2002, 08:54 PM
First Mate

Dottie, do you hapen to be Canadian?
Old January 19th, 2002, 12:20 PM
DOTTIE

Yes, I Am canadian.! Sailed on Celebrity 4 times before this up and coming cruise.
Old January 21st, 2002, 10:48 AM
First Mate

Us too! This is our first Celebrity cruise, having sailed on RCCL, HAL, and Epirotiki Lines prior to their demise. We'll be on the same cruise as you, are you flying out of T.O.?
Old January 24th, 2002, 12:26 PM
DOTTIE

Yes, we are flying out of T.O.We too have sailed before on HAL and RCCL.But Celebrity is the best.We are in for a great cruise.!!!
Old January 24th, 2002, 04:01 PM
First Mate

I'm so glad to hear you say that. I often wish I never got onto the boards because if only one person has mentioned some problem with their cruise, I naturally assume it will happen to me. I have to relax!! Anyway, I understood that all passengers must clear customs into St. Thomas regardless of nationality. This makes scheduling early morning excursions somewhat interesting. We're thinking of heading to Magen's Bay on our own anyway. I assume you're flying Air Canada? It's going to be a very early morning coming in from London. See you on board.
Old January 25th, 2002, 12:48 PM
DOTTIE

Yes ,we are flying Air Canada also.Just checked and the flight took off on time this morning to San Juan.I am not sure what is happening in St. Thomas, since we are boarding in San Juan the day before .We are driving in from Mississauga,only a 15min. drive.Two weeks to go and are doc.s just arrived today.
Old January 25th, 2002, 04:27 PM
First Mate

Glad you got yours; we're still waiting. They should be in this week, I guess. We decided to book a night at the Sheraton Gateway Terminal 3, never know Ontario weather in February! It's mild now, but you just know we are going to get hit with some snow eventually. We have been to San Juan only once, maybe 10 years ago, and don't remember much except El Morro. Would you happen to know how far the ship is docked from Old San Juan? Since we get there around noon, or shortly thereafter, we'll have plenty of time to walk around after we board. Just wondering if it's worth it to disembark for a few hours.
Old January 25th, 2002, 04:42 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Paul,
You can easily walk up to El MOrro and see Old San Juan on the way up there, its worth it once you get there, very scenic view and the fort itself is something to see, kind of takes you back in time, have fun.

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old January 26th, 2002, 01:02 PM
DOTTIE

We were in San Juan on a cruise last Dec.2000.The airport has been greatly improved the last few years and expanded!.The ride to the pier is about 20-25 mins.Since the ship sails at 11pm.there should be time to walk around town.Remember it gets dark about 6:30 pm.Our flight leaves from terminal 2 at the airport.I was told that our 1st night's diner might be open seating,but we go at either 1st or 2nd seating times.We are booked for 2nd seating at 8:30pm.Hope this helps.
Old January 28th, 2002, 05:13 PM
First Mate

Thanks Dottie. We too are second seating type cruisers -- documents still not in so we don't know if we got that seating or not. I was sure we were leaving from Terminal 3, but I must have mis-understood, however I', sure the shuttle between T3( where the hotel is) and T2 won't be so bad. In case you're interested, there is a new review of the Galaxy up at Cruiseaddicts.com. The countdown is on!
Old January 28th, 2002, 08:23 PM
DOTTIE

Thanks Paul.We booked with Air Canada Vacations and our T.A. said that the documents are coming in late to all the cruisers.Hope you get your doc`s soon.Perhaps we will see each other in the airport lounge prior to departure.We have sailed on Celebrity 4 times before, but never on the Galaxy.The food and service have always been excellent.
Old January 28th, 2002, 10:49 PM
First Mate

We also booked with Air Canada vacations. Maybe they're waiting to see how many bookings they have for people in San Juan before they assign us our upgrade! (We hope). Anyway we better let this thread die before people start to get bored. And yes, maybe we'll see each other at Pearson prior to departure. There will be another couple with us, and we'll be the ones who look lost without having young children around with us at all times. It will be hard to be away from them for a week, but thank God for Grandma's, they make the best babysitters.
Old January 29th, 2002, 02:56 PM
DOTTIE

Hello Paul: Final message! We are a grandma and grandpa and we will also be travelling with another couple - one of our adult sons and his girlfriend! This is their first cruise. See you at the airport looking lost without your children.
Old February 19th, 2002, 10:40 PM
CanadaSue

OK Paul and Dottie. How was the cruise? My hubby and I are on the March 1 Galaxy out of Puerto Rico ... just read your chit-chat and am curious how things went ..