Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 18th, 2002, 11:03 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Connect@sea

I am sailing on the Summit on February 15th. Does anyone know the charge to connect to the internet through a laptop in the cabin? Does Celebrity have its own dial up software or do we have to use a provider like AOL?

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old January 19th, 2002, 12:13 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: Connect@sea

Michael..
I haven't used Celeb's net service yet, but did on RCI's Explorer. There it was $99/week for unlimited use, and I'd expect Celebrity's to be similar.
They supply the connection. U don't use your own provider.

Regards,
Kuki
Old January 19th, 2002, 04:38 PM
Passenger

Is this service available on the Millennium and in all cabins?

Cheers
Old January 19th, 2002, 10:58 PM
Lynn H.

There is a nice internet cafe on the Millennium with a number of computers/printers. The access is fairly quick. I believe suites have internet access en suite (we had a Royal Suite and it had a computer with internet access in the cabin). Unfortunately, Millennium did not offer a $99 unlimited access. We had to pay approx. $1 per minute. We did not end up using the internet for over 99 minutes, though, so it worked out, although we would have used it more if we had unlimited access.
Old January 21st, 2002, 10:22 PM
Iris

I recently sailed on the Summit in a Sky Suite. Although I was told there was a computer in the cabin, there was none. I carried my laptop with me but the Connect@sea program equipment was not working. I was able to use the Internet Cafe for the entire length of the cruise (10 nights) for $100. It is easier to use the Internet Cafe equipment if you can get them to give you a flat rate. The per minute charges add up quickly. It would have cost me over $300 for the time I spent on the internet. Besides, connecting your laptop each time you use it is a pain and if you leave it connected, there may be wires going across the cabin. Hope this info is helpful.