Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 20th, 2002, 09:28 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Scuba excursion in Grand Cayman

Hi! We are booked on the Zenith on March 17th. We are certified divers and are wondering if anyone else has taken the scuba diving excursion in Grand Cayman, and what their experience was? Was it a good dive, and how deep? Did you feel that the crew observed safe diving practices? Any advice you have would be appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Old January 20th, 2002, 11:38 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Scuba excursion in Grand Cayman

Hi Pam,
A few years ago we stayed in Grand Cayman and did the Sting Ray tour with a group and about half the group did the scuba diving, they were always right below us, not too deep, although, most ship tours take cruisers to the sand/bar. We were not that far from there and there were plenty of sting rays, it was awesome, think you will enjoy it, have fun!

Donna
Tuesday Chat HOst
Old January 20th, 2002, 02:36 PM
Carole Dunham

I am a former SCUBA diver and I almost moved to Grand Cayman several years ago. The diving on "Grand Cayman isn't that deep, unless you go to the North End. The diving on Cayman Brac and Little Cayman is awesome, great dropoffs. As I floated down the wall I felt like I was flying. Back in my earlier days of diving, the dive operations all over the Caymans were quite safely run. The Caymans are still British and their dive standards are pretty tough. Have a great cruise.

Carole
Old February 11th, 2002, 07:25 PM
First Mate

Hi Pam,
I'm also booked for that cruise. I don't scuba though. I was thinking of snorkeling in Grand Caymen. Everything I've read said book through Captain Marvin-probably do that in the next week or so.
Jim
Old February 11th, 2002, 07:26 PM
First Mate

Hi Pam,
I'm also booked for that cruise. I don't scuba though. I was thinking of snorkeling in Grand Caymen. Everything I've read said book through Captain Marvin-probably do that in the next week or so.
Jim