Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 6th, 2002, 08:01 PM
Suzan

Default I want to book a cruise!

There was a post a while ago,,how do..people go on 2----? cruises a year....I ache to go again,,,but we have to work,,and save,,do they charge them? Are they retired,,with lots of $$$ Are people just flat wealthy? Do they not eat,,other than when they are onboard? ..Oh,, I have it,,they don't have kids? I guess I will have to surf the web for the best deal for my yearly,,cruise
Sponsored Links
Old February 6th, 2002, 10:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: I want to book a cruise!

Suzan,

I think that perhaps a lot of folks work in the travel industry and get good discounts. I am taking two cruises this year. Both tix were at really good prices. It helps that my living expenses are not too high. I live in a condo with a very small mortgage, don't have a lot of bills, only have to pay for myself and the kids are grown and gone. I think the latter is a really important point. When my kids were at home I could not afford to cruise.

I guess getting older has its advantages.

Judy
Old February 7th, 2002, 07:39 AM
First Mate

I just started cruising, hopefully we'll be able to do 1 cruise a year. I just booked our second. I search around the web a lot. It seems like November or early December is a cheap time to cruise, The hurricane season is over and the holidays are close. Oh also I don't plan on using the plastic card. I can save $150 a month plus use my tax return, to pay for it.
Oh yea the big ingredient the kids are grown up. Still living at home going to school, and working, but they don't cost me much.
I think the people that cruise a lot have more $$ than I do.
Good luck.
Old February 7th, 2002, 08:06 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Mark Send a message via Yahoo to Mark

suzan, there are ways to cruise very cheap if u know the insides like in everything else . ive been on almost 300 cruises , so email me and we can talk at wildjordy@aol.com Mark
Old February 7th, 2002, 04:05 PM
Admiral

Default for Mark question

300?! My Gawd......how many a year? lets see 10 a year would take you 30 years ??? 15 a year would take 20 years???
Rick
Old February 7th, 2002, 08:05 PM
susancruzs

Default Re: for Mark question

I usually do one a year, but have done two in one year, twice. I'm single, have a good job and my living expenses in a mobile home park are not that high. I'm doing early retirement this year (55) so I will probably be lucky to do one a year for awhile until I get my finances situated! Susan will be cruisin in May on the Summit!
Old February 8th, 2002, 04:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: for Mark question

You wouldn't happen to be the Susan from Lee Hall, Virginia, would you?
Old February 8th, 2002, 07:16 PM
First Mate

This is my first two cruise year. I am single and have no kids and yes, I CHAAAARGE IT!!!!!!!!!!! Hey, you only live once.