Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 8th, 2002, 08:36 PM
Daryle

Default ZENITH 2/24 = Anyone going????

Am going on the Zenith 2/24 out of Tampa. Is anyone going or will I have the ship to myself with the entertainers and food staff? Will be doing tours...play with Stingrays and something on Costa Maya and Cozumel (not shopping).. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old February 11th, 2002, 03:46 PM
Babette

Default Re: ZENITH 2/24 = Anyone going????

Hi Daryle:

I was on Zenith for two weeks 1/13 and 1/20. In Costa Maya I took the Jungle Beach Break. FABULOUS beach!!! Soft sand, calm water (unless there's a storm brewing), all the liquor you care to drink and a staff that really works hard to see that everyone has a good time.

You will take a bus from Costa Maya to Uvero Beach. It's about 1/2 hour. I liked the beach so much, I booked it for week two as well. If you are into snorkeling this would not be an ideal excursion for you. You can stay in Costa Maya where there is an abundance of coral.... and therefore, marinelife.

You can buy lunch at Uvero Beach. Burgers, fries, hotdogs, quesadillas, nachos, chicken flautas. The most expensive were the flautas at $6.00. Purified water is used for all ice, water and food preparation. Bathrooms are clean.

Cozumel, I booked the Passion Island Escape - both weeks. A bit more expensive, but lunch is included. Lunch was salad, dirty rice, fresh fruit, blue marlin, barbequed chicken, chips and guacamole. It was very good. Again, purified water is used. There are float mats availoable for your use. Liquor is free. Beach is beautiful and uncrowded. Again, the staff works VERY HARD... so hard that I did write a note to our shore-excursion manager telling them how much I appreciated this aprticular tour operator. Since I am a tour operator myself.... I am VERY VERY picky.

A tip on the dining room, if you have an odd numbered table, enter from the left side of the main entrance - right off the Rendezvous Lounge. Even - rightside obviously!

Stay away from the slots!! MEAN MEAN MEAN!!

Happy cruising.