Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 11th, 2002, 09:54 PM
chellie

Default Gibraltar Morocco Day trip?

We are taking the Celebrity Constellation transat in October. Since Morocco is 14 KM from Gibraltar, we would like to take a day trip there, however the ship is not offering excursions. Does anyone know how we can hire a guide to safely take us on a day trip?
Sponsored Links
Old February 15th, 2002, 10:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Gibraltar Morocco Day trip?

Chellie...

I lived in So. Spain in the last half of the '70's. We went to Morroco and Gilbralter for family vacations. At THAT time, you could travel from Morroco to Gilbraltar by ferry, hydroplane or small airplane. We did all three. The ferry is dependant on the Med... it can be very rough. I once got "stuck" in Morroco for two extra nights because the ferries didn't run. If you get stuck, you'll miss the cruise ship for sure. As far as a private tour/guide... be very careful. If the cruise line doesn't offer a tour, there's probably a good reason for it. Shopping in Morroco is great! Just don't offer to sell your best friend... I jokingly made a deal for 1/2 camel... not a good idea. Oh... ride a camel if you get the chance! That was fun.
Old February 17th, 2002, 07:07 PM
chellie

Default Re: Gibraltar Morocco Day trip?

thanks stacy. interestingly i emailed celebrity about shore excursions to morocco. they claim that i am the ONLY person to ever inquire. DUH.