Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 15th, 2002, 08:56 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Balconey

Hi Folks,
Going on Galaxy June 7 out of Baltimore which is what sold us in the first place no air our first cruise we have a Cat 2 on the Vista deck is this a good choice and what are the balconey like and will we have any motion with this ship Counting the days can't wait Pam
Sponsored Links
Old February 15th, 2002, 11:40 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Balconey

Hi, Pam ...

(Nice name you've got there !!!)

Someone else will have to answer your questions, but you should have a wonderful time !!!

Any other questions, ask away !!!

pamda -- CM FIrst-Cruisers Editor
Old February 15th, 2002, 03:49 PM
Admiral

Living in the Baltimore area, you probably know what the ocean is like at your time of sailing. I know in New England it can still be pretty rough. The Galaxy is approximately 80,000 tons but she did rock a bit more than I had expected on our cruise at the beginning of November. There was remenents of a hurricane in the San Juan area (although our weather was fine). We did not get sick or notice a lot of uncomfortable people, we did detect the motion. Bring Bonine and sea bands as a precaution if you are worried. You will be fine.
Bon Voyage
Old February 15th, 2002, 11:18 PM
Yeoman

Had a balcony on the newest ship, the Infinity and it was amazing! Slept with the door opened, had a pot of coffee ech morn as we ported......a great option!
Old February 16th, 2002, 01:51 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to richsea

You never know how the seas are going to be at a given time. We've sailed from NYC to Bermuda twice and found at least part of the time at sea to be a little rocky, but nothing major. I guess it depends how one reacts to motion at sea & if there are any storms around.
As far as Cat 2 on Vista deck, we've booked them twice & love them. They're 172 sq. ft. with plenty of sorage for everything. The balcony is 42 sq. ft.- with 2 chairs, 1 footrest, & a small cocktail table. Enough room to sit & watch the world go by but not enough to do a lot of entertaining.

Galaxy is a beautiful ship, you'll love her.

Have a great cruise!!!!!!!!
Old February 22nd, 2002, 11:55 AM
First Mate

Having crusied out of NYC to both the Caribbean and Bahamas, I do know that whenever you pass Cape Hatteras, the seas are up.
Old February 25th, 2002, 12:40 AM
Vern

All ships will have motion. The Galaxy has good stabilizers, but there will be rocking back and forthin all but the quietest of seas.If you are amidship, the motion will be less noticeable. The motion for me is very relaxing and I miss it now I have returned home. The veranda cabins on Galaxy are very nice and well worth the extra money.