Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 27th, 2002, 07:58 AM
Passenger

Default ARE PASSPORT AND SHOTS REQUIRED?

MY HUSBND JUST BOOKED A 11 DAY ALL ADULT MILLENNIUM CRUISE GOING TO PANAMA COSTA RICA COLUMBIA ARUBA ARE JUST A FEW OF THE STOPS. HAS ANYONE OUT THERE BEEN TO ANY OF THESE DESTINATIONS AND ARE THERE ANY SHOTS WE SHOULD BE GETTING? ALSO ARE PASSPORTS REQUIRED? WE WOULD APPRECIATD ANY INFORMATION.

THANK YOU
MARIA
Sponsored Links
Old February 27th, 2002, 08:03 AM
jortwein

Default Re: ARE PASSPORT AND SHOTS REQUIRED?

Just returned from the Summit who was doing the same itinerary. A passport is not required, I would however, if you have enough time apply for one. Also, no shots are needed.
Old February 27th, 2002, 10:01 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Maria,
Definately apply for a passport, they are by far the best identification you can carry while cruising. If not enough time for this trip, get one for future trips, they are good for 10 years and makes traveling must less hassle-free.

Here is a link for applying for a passport:

<http://travel.state.gov/passport_easy.html>

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old February 27th, 2002, 10:51 AM
AR

Jortwein and Donna are exactly right, but I'd carry their advice a step further:

I would not leave the country these days without my passport, period. Wouldn't go to Canada without it, or Mexico or Bermuda or Grand Cayman or to any of the other friendly neighbors where you "supposedly" don't need one. I am not an alarmist, and I haven't altered my travel plans one bit, but in the post 9/11 world it only makes sense to carry the most appropriate and powerful international travel document, and that's a passport.

AR
Old February 27th, 2002, 05:11 PM
Yeoman

Hi, I agree with the previous posters, you should always have a passport when leaving the US...It is the best form of Id, and I for one would never travel with out it...We are doing the summit on Oct 28th with the same Itinerary, and would be ever so grateful for some ideas for shore excursions, and what to avoid and how was the ship???...Thanks, Cheryl
Old February 27th, 2002, 09:58 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Maria - ditto on the passports - the only way to go right now.

Check out this website for information on vaccinations and any other health concerns while traveling: <http://www.cdc.gov/travel>
Old February 28th, 2002, 03:21 PM
Passenger

We are going on the same itinary on 4-29-01 but it didn't specify all adult. when are you going?

Thanks
Lynn
Old February 28th, 2002, 08:11 PM
susancruzs

I've been to Costa Rica and Aruba and really enjoyed both ports. I took a raft trip in Costa Rica that was really fun, we saw lots of monkeys, beautiful birds, iguanas, scenery/foliage was great, I highly recommend it if offered.

In Aruba, I've done the 4 wheelin' jeep trip and they really take you all over the island, on and off the road, but not for faint of heart or those with back trouble. It included lots of sights, stop at the old mine, caves (we went inside), rock formations (bridge) plus a ferry ride to an island for a little swim and a buffet lunch, jam packed trip and well worth it but dusty, and quite rough at times but I'd do it again! Enjoy your cruise! Sue
Old March 1st, 2002, 09:00 AM
Passenger

Default LYNN WE'RE GOING 9/23

HI LYNN

MY HUSBAND AND I ARE GOING 9/23. WE STILL HAVE A WHILE BEFORE WE CRUISE. WE DID NOT FIND OUT THIS WAS AN ADULT CRUISE UNTIL OUR TRAVEL AGENT CALLED THE CRUISE LINE WHEN WE WENT TO BOOK IT. I HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT TIME ON YOUR TRIP AND I WOULD BE VERY INTERESTED TO SEE HOW THE ENTIRE CRUISE WENT FOR YOU AND POSSIBLY WHAT WAS YOUR TAKE ON THE EXCURSIONS YOU WILL CHOOSE. BY THE WAY MY HUSBAND AND I APPLIED FOR OUR PASSPORTS YESTERDAY.

THANKS AGAIN
MARIA