Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 28th, 2002, 11:45 AM
Passenger

Default bringing liquor on board

We are sailing on the Celebrity Summit next week. I have heard different stories regarding bring your own bottle for use in your room. Is this allowed.
Sponsored Links
Old February 28th, 2002, 01:00 PM
Admiral

Default Re: bringing liquor on board

More and more, the lines are restricting (if they catch it) the bringing of liquor for in your room. Some of them sell it on board (via room service) for consumption in your room, some do not.

Liquor is usually confiscated when the larger bottles are brought on board. Long ago, I began buying miniatures and packing them in the checked bags. Put them in sealable snack bags and they fit in the cracks just fine.
Old February 28th, 2002, 10:19 PM
vern

We just returned from sailing on the Infinity from San Juan. They were relieving boarding passengers of their liquor from hand-luggage as they boarded--to be returned upon leaving the ship at the end of the cruise. You might be able to pack it in checked baggage and it may not show on x-rays. You can't really lose by trying. Worst that can happen is you can't use it on board and will have to carry it home.
Old March 1st, 2002, 12:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

Paid $50.00 for a liter of Absolut on Millie via one of the bars...an expensive proposition....but they also gave me a six-pack of tonic and lots of limes....I would still "attempt" to bring on a bottle -- or buy it on board (we did on Millie later in the cruise and used it on the ship). Liquor and wine though are two different items, and usually they'll let you bring wine on with no problem...we did in Naples and Rome. Bon voyage!
Old March 4th, 2002, 08:44 AM
Longboysfan

I brought 24 cans of Gueniss onto the Summitt on the 15th.
Also brought on in from the port - twice - 12 packs of beer.
A large bottle of Rum, and a smaller bottle.
They did not bother to stop and take away.
Also some passangers I met had sent in plastic bottles just about some major AL Gin, Vodka, Scotch. So they had happy hour in the cabin each night with friends they were traveling with.
The only time they take anything away is if you are excessive about it.
And that is off the carry on baggage.
Put it in plastic bottles and send it in your checked luggage.
So don't worry about this.
The bar people will also give you anything you need in the way of Lemons, limes, whatever.
Just tip them a buck or two.
I used the small bottle of Rum to make Rum and Cokes for the guys who were playing trivia with me on the boat.
This was in the Randevous Lounge.
Gave the waiter $5.00 to clean up my mess.
They don't care unless you make a clolssal mess and create a scene on the boat.