Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 15th, 2002, 04:02 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Summit 5/13 cruisers.. U getting excited yet?

OK.. U guys have been much too quiet, at least in public. Letting our Web Wahinni Pamda, and I do a all the work, and talking.
March weather here has been really UGLY.. and I can't wait til I'm out here, flapping my arms enroute to Hawaii.

How about you guys??? Let's hear you CHEER on the winding down countdown clock!!

What's everyone got planned for their pre cruise in Honolulu.. besides the get together on May 12?

Regards,
Kuki
Sponsored Links
Old March 15th, 2002, 05:56 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Summit 5/13 cruisers.. U getting excited yet?

Excited? Nah.

Check out the new and improved website, one and all. Please don't be offended at the annoying music.

<http://pages.prodigy.net/fourcatcan/leid.htm>

Pictures should start going up this weekend !!!

We have had a casual discussion with the MerPeople about chartering a sailboat on Oahu. Other than that, no big plans yet except for the Luau.

Wahini Webmistress
Old March 15th, 2002, 06:03 PM
Yeoman

I am getting very excited. We really like cruising.

I have never been to the big island. I want to see the volcano. What would be the best way to see it.? Should we rent a car and do it on our own or book a shore excursion?

We are looking forward to a great cruise, meeting lots of new people, having fun and just plain relaxing.

Thanks for all the work you and Pam have done. The website is great. I have enjoyed reading all the bios. Let the party begin.........

Linda
Old March 15th, 2002, 07:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Y2C
Default Re: Re: Summit 5/13 cruisers.. U getting excited yet?

Hi Pamda,

I was dissappointed. No music, annoying or otherwise.

Y2C
Old March 15th, 2002, 08:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

Linda: We have made many trips to the Big Island, and have always rented a car. The
drive to the Volcano Natl Park is an easy one and the highway is good. The park
service has a great video at the visitors center and it will give you suggestions for
places to see around the volcano--the Thurston Lava Tube, the Halemaumua
crater and others. Don't expect to see any lava flows, since they are a distance away
on the South coast. On the way up or back, stop at one of the orchid and antherium
nurseries, also the Macadamia Nut grove and packing plant is interesting. Lots to
see and very little time.
Old March 15th, 2002, 09:30 PM
susancruzs

I heard music on the web site but these days, I'm so anxious for this cruise to begin I'd here music anywhere!!! :-) I have no plans for the 11th and 12th other than to unwind, relax, and meet everyone on Sunday night! I've been to Honolulu several times and to the other side of the island also so I'm going to just veg out with a few frozen thingees, go for a walk on the beach, just get myself in the mood for this great cruise!!!! Sue
Old March 16th, 2002, 08:06 AM
Yeoman

Thanks for the information. Renting a car sounds like the way to go.

Thanks again
Linda
Old March 16th, 2002, 08:09 AM
Admiral

Excited? Hardly. I feel more like a lava flow about to explode! I seriously doubt there will be a seat belt on the plane strong enough to contain me. Upon arrival, I must immediately be heavily lei'd, as I will need the extra weight to keep my feet, oops I mean my tail, on the ground! I am 2/3 finished with Michener's Hawaii, as my reading is interspersed with guide books, and surfing the net about the islands.

My Type A personality only kicks in when I am on vacation, so if you see something whirling around similar to the Tasmania Devil that might be me. I have never been to Hawaii so I will be trying to see as much as I can. I don't have as much time as everyone else, as I will have to spend part of my visit in and under the water!

Valley of Temples, hike at Diamond Head, Hanauma Bay, USS Arizona National Park, Honolulu Botanical Gardens, Honolulu Maritime Museum, King Kamehameha Statue, View from the top of the Aloha Tower, maybe the PCC, drive around the island with excursions to each inviting body of water and waterfall, AND of course a snorkeling/diving, swimming, sailing!

Have I forgot anything?
Old March 16th, 2002, 09:01 AM
Frank_rim

Not that excited yet!! We have much to do in March and April. Susan and I will be in Southern CA during Easter and be visiting our four children and 5 grandchildren. Also will celebrate Susan's father's 94th birthday!!!! April will be with our camping buddies for a trip to Lake Powell (AZ) and then to Bryce and Zion Nat's Parks (UT). When we get back home the first of May......THEN the excitement will begin <G>.

We have been to Honolulu before and we plan to visit the AZ Memorial, in the morning, before boarding Summit on the 13th. Looking forward to meeting everyone during the get-together the night of May 12.

Frank
Old March 16th, 2002, 09:49 AM
Admiral

Excited? Me? Nah...... OF COURSE! Only, these darn medical tests and surgery keep taking up valuable study time, so I'm behind on planning. But I'll be ready by the time we go. Jose is so laid back, it's funny. He has no idea what he wants to do once we get there, He's just along for the ride. He figures it's all great, so whatever I decide is fine with him, so I'm like a child turned loose in a candy store. My countodwn clock says 56 days until we leave and 58 days until the Summit!! Can't wait to meet you all there.

And, Pamda, the website rocks!

jennifer
Old March 16th, 2002, 11:11 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to SeaFan Send a message via Yahoo to SeaFan

Me excited nope just another cruise, NOT!! I can hardly stand the suspense of waiting and waiting, wish I could just sleep until we arrive in Hawaii, but then half the fun is in the planning. We have a rental car so I think allot of our time will be spent touring the island. Hope to maybe charter a sail boat on Saturday for a sun set sail. We will have to see how tired we are from the flight in. We plan to tour the Arizona memorial on Monday before boarding the Summit. I have been spending so much time reading tour books and surfing the web for information. It seems like we have more choices than time. We went to a fund raising volleyball game last night and our friend did the luau on Maui she said to make sure you try the drink Lava Flow. So of course being the travel planner that I am I pick her brain on what to do. Good new she has all kinds of material that they brought back from Hawaii, guess I will be reading more stuff.
Old March 16th, 2002, 02:31 PM
First Mate

We are very excited to be Hawaii bound May 12th. Meet up at the Hawaii Hilton Village. We will be hanging around the village with plenty to do right there. We will get in around noon time. Before boarding we will get the Memorial in and see the Big Mo. Pamdas site (great music :-) and all our pre-cruise antics along with a few test packing-unpacking and pre-practice muster station drills at home should tie us over till the big day. Rix

Old March 17th, 2002, 11:44 PM
Passenger

Just got through telling my wife about the person that has got the cruise down to 54 days , x # hour,etc. She is recovering from major surgery and is ready to panic at the thought of getting ready to start packing. I keep looking at the bathroom scale that refuses to spiral downward each time I get on board. Does anyone know of any stores that specialize in elastic formal clothing? Excited but willing to wait the 54 days. Maybe I can send the scale for a 3 mile walk every morning. The walking hasn't helped me.
Old March 19th, 2002, 10:29 AM
Pam S

Haven't slept in at least a month because everytime I do, all I see is pictures of the Summit and Hawaii in my head! I started gathering things for the trip at least two months ago. Hubby thinks I'm crazy! (Started buying things last year!) So I'm not excited at all!

Never been to the islands so I want to do everything and go everywhere! Will probably just collapse once we head to open sea. This is what we have planned so far:

Sun-Mon - Pearl Harbor, Diamond Head, just driving from one side to the other. Getting together with the other "Lei'd" people when something gets scheduled

Kuaui - helicopter tour with Island Helicopters (rated highly by Frommer's), River cruise and Fern Grotto visit through Celebrity

Maui - Atlantis Sub, sightsee on Lahaina side, rent a car and drive to Hana, any other suggestions appreciated! And LUAU! of course

Kona - 1/2 day rafting with Fair Winds Snorkling (again highly rated by Frommers) and 1/2 day sightseeing in and around Kailua/Kona on our own

Hilo - helicopter tour (once we decide which one) and rent a car for a trip to volcano park

This is probably WAY more than anyone wanted to know, but I'm just so excited I can't contain myself!

Pam and Bill from Plano Texas
Old March 19th, 2002, 08:08 PM
Yeoman

Kuki, any chance that you will be traveling on the Summit for the Oct 28th sailing? You seem to be putting together a great group for the Hawaii sailing, and I was hoping you could do the same for our cruise....Cheryl