Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 22nd, 2002, 08:16 PM
Beginner

Default ANYONE AFFECTED BY INFINITY CANCELLATIONS?

My husband & I were on the 4/20 sailing for the 7 night Southern Caribbean. Through a very long phone call with Celebrity, we were able to get on the 4/6 cruise at a much better rate for a better room.

I was told to use my old (dated 4/20) tickets/transfers and luggage stickers (with the old, incorrect room number) on them. They said my confirmation was all I needed and everything for the 6th was in the computer.
Maybe I'm just being paranoid but does this sound right? I guess my biggest fear is that they will now cancel the 4/6 sailing! (The reworking of non-refundable plane tickets, vacation time off work, etc. has been a nightmare for me and my husband). Thanks & I would love to hear if others were able to reschedule. The cancellations were such a disappointment!
Sponsored Links
Old March 23rd, 2002, 06:59 AM
beckie

Default Re: ANYONE AFFECTED BY INFINITY CANCELLATIONS?

I am on the 4/6 sailing and hope to God that it doesn't get cancelled! I can imagine your frustration! We do have a serious itinerary change for this cruise and we now disembark in Ft. Laud. instead of San Jaun. The cruise agency also told us to use the same tickets for the airport and stuff. I don't see how this is possible, and am checking more into that. I imagine there were a few cancellations from angry people on the 4/6 sailing, as I had thought of doing in myself when I heard of the changes. We are not hitting ANY of the S. Caribbean islands. So I'm sure the 4/6 ship will be FULL. From what I understand the ship is moving "slow", so hopefully it will hold out for us!
Old March 23rd, 2002, 07:56 AM
First Mate

Did anyone say when the Infinity will be back in business after that? We sail on May 20th for the Hawaii trip, then we stay on with them for the Alaska week. I feel sorry for all those that have had to change their trips--what a mess that would be for us. Thanks.
Old March 23rd, 2002, 09:46 AM
LG

My husband & I were supposed to be on the 4/20 sailing of the Infinity as well.... In fact there was an entire group of us going for our close friends wedding.... (you would have see us I am sure)...

Needless to say we have not been as lucky as you.... I would double check and double check and double check that they have you in the system correctly.... The reason I say this is that when you talk to one Celebrity rep they tell you one thing... when you talk to another... they tell you something else... Not to mention the fact that we have a group reservation # and they always tell us to go talk to our travel agent... He is completely NO help ... and is a moron... he is playing all of us against one another and the poor bride and groom to be are beside themselves....

So... we tried to book the Century out of Fort Lauderdale for the same week we were scheduled on the Infinity... but our travel agent didn't show up for work until after lunch time, when he said the be in @ 9:30AM... to by that time all the rooms we needed were gone....

UUggggggghhhhhhhhh !!! Well enjoy the sailing.... After this we all deserve some happiness...

L
Old March 23rd, 2002, 12:46 PM
Passenger

My husband and I were on the INfinity on April 13 for our honeymoon...we now have had to book something at another time as they could not after THREE days of trying ... get us on anything out of the Boston area onto a ship...
Oh....lemonade out of lemon time...boooooooooooooo
JoAnn

So now we're on Millie June 21st for 10 days...at no discounted original rate..so just the 50 percent of voucher...that stinks...!!!
Old March 24th, 2002, 06:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

Please see my post under (believe it or not!) "What Do U Love About Celebrity?" That should answer the question.

Al
Old March 26th, 2002, 07:29 AM
LG

Default Re: Re: ANYONE AFFECTED BY INFINITY CANCELLATIONS?

Hey AL...

Checked out your post... tried responding to it... and did... but according to some we should just suck up our disappointment and move on with life... What I don't think is understood... that to me at this moment - this is my disappointment... not anyone elses... these are my feeling/opinions.... not anyone elses... and these boards are intended to let a person like me talk to people about a similar experience - good, bad or indifferent...

I don't "blame" Celebrity for their choices.. and I can't say how I would feel, if they let the ship sailing knowing the problem and we got stranded on the boat or had our cruise cut short... that hasn't happened to me... I can only speak of what has happened to me... and the group we were traveling with... and the importance of it to us... and especially the couple getting married... It's a shame that people have to take the feelings of others make them seem like they don't count... If people would stop and check these boards in another couple of weeks... I bet the wounds will have healed - and we have all moved past it... right now - they are fresh...

It's nuts... Just because Celebrity has made a business decision - that has upset me.. the individual cruiser... it doesn't mean that I won't cruise with them again... or have ruined the memories of my 1998 sailing on the Mercury.... That ship was amazing! So was the time we had...

Thanks for listening...
Old March 26th, 2002, 12:13 PM
Jan Welch

Default Re: Re: ANYONE AFFECTED BY INFINITY CANCELLATIONS?

We are on the Alaska part of your cruise (May 31 out of Vancouver). I've been checking around to see if any teenagers are on that cruise. (My son is 17.) Hope they can get all the problems ironed out before then.
Old April 11th, 2002, 04:13 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: ANYONE AFFECTED BY INFINITY CANCELLATIONS?

Now that i have had some time to get used to the idea that i wont be travelling in April...i can comment positively.
After watching the rates on Celebrity drop a bit this past week. My husband and i will get back about 800 dollars and the cruise will be a 10 day instead of 7 in June on the Millenium.
Maybe the powers that be were giving us a sign that it just wasnt meant to be.
Im disappointed but life is too short. For those that are cruising next week on our would be honeymoon. Have a blast....as im now gearing up for June and soo looking forward to.
Life has a way of working out.
Enjoy
JoAnn