Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 25th, 2002, 05:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Galaxy in Baltimore

We are on Spring Break this week and live in the DC area. We are 2 families sailing on the Galaxy from Baltimore on 6/28. Being a nice day, we decided to see the ship in port. It was an easy trip - exit 56 off of I 95 and just a few blocks, but we couldn't even get near the ship. All we saw were its smokestacks with the big X. Everything was well marked but MD troopers stopped us as we tried to enter the gates for the cruise ship port (there are 4 ports in Baltimore!) So we decided to go to the next dock down that was marked Visitors and that was a no-go also. We couldn't even get past the guard gate. As this is mostly a cargo port container ships and cargo were everywhere blocking our view of the beautiful ship from the guard gate. We did find out that parking is only $5/day (at least today's sailing!) Not wanting to waste our day we did drive back to the Inner Harbor and had a lovely afternoon seeing the sights.

We sailed out of Cape Canaveral during the holidays and security was tight, but not so tight that you couldn't even get close enough to the ship to take a picture. We didn't want to board her, just look at her. I guess living in the DC area you can't be too careful.

We are really looking forward to our trip this summer. At least we will know that those sailing on the Galaxy have been well screened.
Sponsored Links
Old March 26th, 2002, 07:53 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Galaxy in Baltimore

hi pam, we will be on the june 28th cruise also. first time for all of us can't wait. sea you there. cathy
Old March 26th, 2002, 08:08 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Pam,
My husband had the same idea as you, however he was able to get right up to the ship. He has a state vehicle and went right through. He called me from his cell phone and asked me what our cabin number was ( we are sailing on August 9th) He said Hector, the butler was willing to show him our cabin. He had me going for a minute but couldn't contain himself so I knew he was messing with me. He did still get a very good look ( took binoculars for the upper decks) and was very impressed. Watched them load all the goodies (food and drink) onto the ship. You'll have to let me know all about your cruise when you get back. -Barb
Old March 29th, 2002, 04:41 PM
Debbi

Hi Everyone:
We are sailing out of Baltimore on August 9th also. I was real interested in hearing about the security. Barb, your husband was lucky to get through. We also were going to go down to get a look at the ship with the other couple we are sailing with. We will probably still give it a try. Can't wait for our sailing. Pam, please post your opinions when you return. Would love to hear the suggestions. Have a great time!
GO TERPS!!!!!

Old April 13th, 2002, 02:23 PM
Dr Bob

We are also heading out on the June 28th cruise. A family of four along with several friends and their kids. This will be our 10th Celebrity Cruise as family.