Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 27th, 2002, 11:40 AM
Marnie

Default rate adjustments

Does Celebrity have a policy for adjusting rates should the price fall below what was booked? I guess I could always cancel before the penalty period kicks in, so I'm safe until that point..

I did ask my travel agent and he wasn't sure. He called Celebrity and they said the rate isn't automatically adjusted but they would if we requested it. Being that nothing is in writing, I'm not counting on it.

Just wondering what other cruisers experienced.
Sponsored Links
Old March 27th, 2002, 01:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: rate adjustments

Up until final payment is due I'd think you should always be able to get the price reduced, if Celebrity reduces the rate.

After that date, this policy seems to vary from cruise line to cruise line, or even sailing to sailing.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old March 27th, 2002, 01:57 PM
Dave K

In 2001, after our final payment, we noticed a much lower price posted on their internet site. We had our travel agent call to inquire. They credited our card giving us the lower price. This year we booked at a fire sale price, and it went up after our payment. We paid the original low price.

Dave
Old March 27th, 2002, 03:03 PM
Pam S

I had my TA drop my price twice after I booked. Both times I found out the price had dropped, either by watching Celebrity's site or by the posts here at CruiseMates. I don't think she would have been checking for me or just changed them for me if I hadn't asked. I had already decided to cancel the cruise through her and re-book if that's what it would have taken. The decreases werer just too good to pass up. Luckily she was able to go to Celebrity and they gave me the new fare. All in all I saved close to $800 per person with both decreases. So if you see it dropping, it never hurts to check! This was before my final payment, so I'm not sure what would happen now. All the fares have increased as high or higher then my original fare since then.

Pam S.
Old March 27th, 2002, 07:10 PM
Marnie

Thanks everyone, sounds great. I've been hearing the prices have been going up, so I thought I'd better go ahead and book now. At least they can't raise it. I know a lot of people complain that they can't get a decrease after final payment. I don't expect that. If you can be flexible enough to choose any sailing at the last minute, I expect you could find something pretty cheap. I don't expect to be able to match those prices.
Old March 27th, 2002, 11:50 PM
Ray Dooley

Two weeks ago I booked a class 1A on the Millenium 11 day Caribbean cruise on August 11 at $2199 per person. This Monday on the Celebrity site I notice 1A for $1999 per person. Since i had book through celebrity and had given my deposit I called expecting a hard time and probably having to cancel then rebook at the lower rate. Pleasantly surprised the agent said if i was still happy with the cabin i had picked he would just make the adjustment. I asked him to fax a copy (wanting to have proof when the final payment is due) and received the faxed confirmation immediately. Having been a loyal celebrity cruiser I do tend to complain about the problems so this time it's "well done Celebrity"!