Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 4th, 2002, 12:06 PM
ScottC

Default Car Rental ( Lei'd Cruise)

Does anyone have suggestions for renting cars in Hilo and on Maui. Are there companies that pick you up at the pier? Are there agencies near the pier? This is our first cruise so we are a little unsure how this works. I would like to avoid having to get a ride to the airport just to rent a car for the day.

Thanks in advance,
ScottC
Sponsored Links
Old April 4th, 2002, 03:11 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Car Rental ( Lei'd Cruise)

Scott;

There is couple of sites to check out that seem to be prefered. Most rental agencies are located at the airport. Most do not provide transfers. In Maui for example the main airport is some distance away. 1 that I found that is the most reasonable and will pick us up at Lahaini is discounthawaiicarrentals.com/ 888 292 3307 ask for Ron you can also set up with him other islands as well. look forward to meeting you. Rix

Old April 4th, 2002, 04:04 PM
Diana H

We have rental car reservations on all the islands through Alamo. On Maui, the rental place is from the West End Maui airport. There is a free shuttle van that comes down to the pier when they are ships in port. There is also to be a place to park the car over nigth if you want it for both days.

On the island of Hawaii you can rent cars also. At one location you have to car and they send a shuttle van for $20 round trip. At the other port there is a free shuttle van.

I recommend you call Alamo and talk to them. I was put through to the agencies directly and was able to get the info I needed.

Diana
Old April 5th, 2002, 06:14 AM
Passenger

Diana,
Do you know where the overnight parking in Maui is? Is it an Alamo lot? We also rented a car from Alamo for the 2 days. Thanks